300 ultra mag reloading info

Are all of turning necks or are you just using chambers with standard neck diameters? I have a 300 rum chamber reamer coming but I think I chose too small of a neck (.342) so I will be turning necks

We load quite a few rums. Usually work our 181g Hammer Hunter. Powders in the H1000 range usually produce about 3400 fps. We just got some N570 and it looks to be giving about 100 fps more.

This combo is pretty tough to beat from muzzle to 1000y.
Is that with a 26" tube ? Either way that is a deadly load !!

We load quite a few rums. Usually work our 181g Hammer Hunter. Powders in the H1000 range usually produce about 3400 fps. We just got some N570 and it looks to be giving about 100 fps more.

This combo is pretty tough to beat from muzzle to 1000y.
I finally got my hands on some N570 and RL26 to try with the 181 Hammers .I don't know though. H1000 worked good. Retumbo, RL33 and IMR 8133 not so good. Maybe too slow for weight ?

My buddy gets 3300 FPS with 175 LRX and Rl25 in his 300 rum not going to share the load it's way over book max.

I finally got my hands on some N570 and RL26 to try with the 181 Hammers .I don't know though. H1000 worked good. Retumbo, RL33 and IMR 8133 not so good. Maybe too slow for weight ?
Was the issue with Reloader 33 and IMR 8133 an inconsistent velocity, accuracy or was it that it did not give you the velocity you were expecting with that bullet powder combination?

For brass, I'd spend the money and get new Remington brass...for the investment of 200 new brass, you're getting decent brass that will probably outlast your barrel...maybe I haven't shot mine a lot, I figured the accuracy life at maybe 1000 rnds..and I shoot slow, use hbn, and was lucky to find a great load within the first 30-40 rounds....I do know that some of the brass you are using was rejected by a local company that does loading.....but maybe it was a bad batch....rsbhunter

The heavys are great goal if you need to go there but with most 26" Rums H1000 or Retumbo @ mag length + 200 grain Accubonds or other 200s are so forgiving loading and shooting out 500 = easy start.
If you want to go the heavy low drag route and stretch it out, I never got those to shoot well at mag length. Wyatt's box is a pretty easy job if you fancy yourself a home gunsmith. Pick your bullet and find the goal the rifle likes before cutting anything though. Try Retumbo. Best powder I've found for my rum.

For brass, I'd spend the money and get new Remington brass...for the investment of 200 new brass, you're getting decent brass that will probably outlast your barrel...maybe I haven't shot mine a lot, I figured the accuracy life at maybe 1000 rnds..and I shoot slow, use hbn, and was lucky to find a great load within the first 30-40 rounds....I do know that some of the brass you are using was rejected by a local company that does loading.....but maybe it was a bad batch....rsbhunter

What brass are you referring to?

I have the ADG. I think it is soft (maybe the bad batch) I got swipe without even shooting. This is similar to how my Norma 300 win brass acts.

The brass had wide range of weight, oal, and pressure signs that 2 other makers brass didn't show, and had good weight/ length numbers....but everybody has different experiences....rsbhunter

Was the issue with Reloader 33 and IMR 8133 an inconsistent velocity, accuracy or was it that it did not give you the velocity you were expecting with that bullet powder combination?
The accuracy was not good. The SD and ES were not good. I tried 5.0 grs. below max and above. Never got pressure signs. I was up to 98.0 grs. RL33. 95.0 grs. Retumbo. Couldn't get to happen. Tried H1000 . Right off the bat good. So far up to 95.0. On the other hand. Hornady 200 ELDX with 100.0 grs. RL33 was accurate and no pressure signs. 212 Eldx was good also. I stumbled on to a load with promise. 91.0 grs. Retumbo with Berger 210 VLD. Low pressure . Trying hotter.
All loads were with Rem. cases and Fed.215 match primers .025 off . Have factory magazine .