300 ultra accuracy problems

Jeff,
Sorry, been away hunting and hadn't got back to this thread till now.
Interesting that you say you store your bores straight off the Cu+2 or Eliminator. I've always felt that left them too dry if going hunting in wet and nasty conditions, especially with chromoly bores. Bad fouling barrels also seem to tear a fair bit of copper off with the first shot down a dried after Cu+2/Eliminator only bore in our experience. We would always have finished off with a Kroil then a couple of dry patches after Boretech in a bad barrel so they're weren't dry for the first shot.
I'll try your system in some of our match quality bores and see if we can repeat your results, because it sounds ideal if it will put the fouler in the group at 1000 yards plus. There are very few systems that will do this. Plenty will at 100 yards, but your velocity must be on the money as well to do it at 1000 yards plus. Sounds like you have got that system working great.
Talking about oil increasing the first shot velocity, for this to happen there must be something in the oil adding to the combustion. Kroil never does this. The first shot is always a little slow after Kroil. KG4 oil if left too wet will do this, and is why they suggest only the tiniest drop be rubbed through after cleaning then dried out. If you get the amount right, it has a neutral effect on velocity.
As I think I said pages ago, we've been trying KG2 recently which was developed for some SWAT teams to provide 1st shot accuracy, and in the two hot 7mm's we tried so far it has done exactly that.
But I will repeat again, if you have a bad copper fouling factory barrel, don't waste your time trying to get them clean with any Boretech or ammonia based products. Just use KG12, it is 10 times faster than Cu+2! Then finish off with what ever system works for your first shot accuracy. You won't need it with match bores after the break-in, that's if you believe in breaking in. Some don't. We always break-in match bores, and even most factory bores now we wouldn't have bothered with previously - KG12 is that quick. If you've got a bad fouler, try some, I was a skeptic till I saw it through my borescope!
Greg
ps - I am not making anything out of KG I will add, I have no vested interests. Its just the results with KG12 are so far ahead of anything else that its hard not to rave!:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.