300 ultra - 180 gr. scirocco loading info

gunpower

I just bought a pack of 180 grain bonded boat tail bullets.
I can't find any reloading information on this bullet.
The rifle is a Remminton 300 Ultra.
Any body have any info on to a load that I might start out with?
My son and I have a buffalo draw for up north and time is running short,
we have tried different bullets but nothing seems to be working out, have tried hornady 180 partions, but they don't shoot worth a ****.
Used Retumbo, RL 25 and a few others, nothing seem to work.
Thanks. Richard
gun)

I just bought a pack of 180 grain bonded boat tail bullets.
I can't find any reloading information on this bullet.
The rifle is a Remminton 300 Ultra.
Any body have any info on to a load that I might start out with?
My son and I have a buffalo draw for up north and time is running short,
we have tried different bullets but nothing seems to be working out, have tried hornady 180 partions, but they don't shoot worth a ****.
Used Retumbo, RL 25 and a few others, nothing seem to work.
Thanks. Richard
gun)
Treat it as any other lead core 180 for the 300 rum. I'd start with 90 grains of rl25 and work up to the 93-94 grain window for about 3300 fps out of a 26" pipe. Rem brass and 215's and 3.6" to 3.65" depending on mag length. I shoot the 180 Hornady interlock flat-base(not the nosler partition) with 93 or 94 grains of rl25 in my rum and it'll do 1" at 200 yards. My brother tried the rounds in his sendero(my rifle is a bdl lh) and they did the same 1" at 200 yards.

I was loading partitions and had found 2 loads that went 1" @ 200yds, but then they opened up to 3". After a quick freak out I discovered the bottom of the action wasnt touching the stock, the sides of the stock were too tight and not allowing the action of bottom out. 3hrs of filing and sanding with emery cloth and that problem was fixed. Now I have 5 days until I leave to go on my buffalo hunt and Im still trying to get this rifle set up.

My pet load
26" 1:12 twist McGowen barrel
3.760 COAL
Fed 215
180 scirocco's
97 gr retumbo
3446 fps
1/2 groups at 200 yards.

If you can only load to 3.600 COAL then I would start at 93.0 and work up to 97.0 max.Good luck

My pet load
26" 1:12 twist McGowen barrel
3.760 COAL
Fed 215
180 scirocco's
97 gr retumbo
3446 fps
1/2 groups at 200 yards.

If you can only load to 3.600 COAL then I would start at 93.0 and work up to 97.0 max.Good luck
In a 10" twist I'd drop that powder charge at least two grains. 95 was it for my rifle as even that was getting stiff in my stock remmy. You are getting 50-100 fps over what I can get using the slower twist barrel. Good accuracy; mine does an inch at 200 in a stock un-braked rifle.

I found 85.5 - 86. grains H-4831SC worked great with the 180 Scirocco II. Sub .5 moa. I used Federal 215 GMM primers and Remington brass.

The second best powder was Retumbo.

Nat Lambeth

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.