300 saum

This is the method by which CALIBERS are listed:

View attachment 164667

Your suggestion of .308" is simply the diameter of one .30 caliber bullet.

.300 SAUM is the name of cartridge per SAAMI. Technically it's still RSAUM for Remington Short Action Ultra Mag. Reading and learning is fundamental. Trying to rewrite the definitions of terms just to suit your desires is frivolous.

The greatest misuse is the term 'caliber' when the writer really should be typing 'cartridge' which specifies the loaded cartridge case by name.
I was merely trying to make "funny" of the other remarks. But your google skills are indeed impressive.

This is the method by which CALIBERS are listed:

View attachment 164667

Your suggestion of .308" is simply the diameter of one .30 caliber bullet.

.300 SAUM is the name of cartridge per SAAMI. Technically it's still RSAUM for Remington Short Action Ultra Mag. Reading and learning is fundamental. Trying to rewrite the definitions of terms just to suit your desires is frivolous.

The greatest misuse is the term 'caliber' when the writer really should be typing 'cartridge' which specifies the loaded cartridge case by name.
Ran across this whilst researching the saum. This is one of the most aggressively pointless semantics arguments out there, and I cannot believe that as recently as a year ago there was still someone going to these extravagant lengths on a moderately abstruse point and calling someone else frivolous while they do it. Dude, using them interchangeably bugs me too but it's like when someone says "Nukular" instead of Nuclear or when a brit says "aluminnyum." Obviously it's incorrect but it's so commonly used that the language conventions and rules have changed allow it, so the problem is now in the mind of the bothered observer, not the person saying it.

Dude, get a grip. You're responding to a thread over a year old. Sit down, take a few deep breaths and RELAX. Here's a smiley to help you on your way.

laughing.gif

Dude, get a grip. You're responding to a thread over a year old. Sit down, take a few deep breaths and RELAX. Here's a smiley to help you on your way.

View attachment 240410
Oh man, the guy who gave great caliber vs. cartridge speech of 2019 is telling me to calm down over something ancient and irrelevant.

I noted that it was a year old. You noted it was a year old and still commented back. Maybe we're more alike than we realize.

Joking aside it does bug me too. Grafs and son I noticed today use them interchangeably. But it's way too late to worry about it.

View attachment 240410

Oh man, the guy who gave great caliber vs. cartridge speech of 2019 is telling me to calm down over something ancient and irrelevant.

I noted that it was a year old. You noted it was a year old and still commented back. Maybe we're more alike than we realize.

Joking aside it does bug me too. Grafs and son I noticed today use them interchangeably. But it's way too late to worry about it.
I think you're both ****ing in the wind here. I would worry more about clip vs magazine. Conquer that one first 🤣

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.