300 SAUM load advice.

One of the best kept secrets in the shooting world, the .300 saum...another example of Big Green designing a cartridge and then abandoning it in two years... It is an extremely accurate cartridge right with it's replacement the wsm. I bought one when they first were introduced and was amazed at it's accuracy. As with any short mag it's hard to beat H-4350 in the velocity and certainly the accuracy department. Don't sell it short, you won't be disappointed.

Funny that this post has been resurrected . I recently purchased a NOS Remington 700 in 300 RSAUM and just starting load development research.

I will be starting with Norma cases, 180 grain Nosler Accubonds and RL22. Will check in as I progress.

My theory is that I will end up around 2900 fps with 67-69 grains at mag length, but time and targets will tell.

Anyone have any load data on 200 grain Hornady XLDX. I had a 300SAUM before they were available. Rem sent me a reamer print during development. Love the cartridge. Have re-chambered to match spec for longer throat using American magazines. Been shooting BERGER VLD 190s. H4350. Crazy accurate round.
Going to hunt with it this year. Its set up for hvy/long bullets. Was wondering if anyone had used the 190s on deer or had a recipe for the 200 XLD-Xs.

Switch bullets, a 165 gr Nosler Partition sitting on a stiff load of H'4350 and a 9 1/2 rem mag primer...absolutely floors them...

Recent Posts