300 SAUM Barrel Swap

Texasstranger

I have a Remington 700 BDL 300 SAUM and I was wondering if it is possible to change barrels on this to a 300 win mag, 300 ultra mag or a 300 wsm?

I'm betting your 300 saum is on a short action, magnum bolt face.

So you're limited to wsm or saum or wssm cartridges. Any caliber.

It is super easy to rebarrel to 300 wsm.

Enjoy.

How about 7 mm SAUM? I am just looking for a load that will be around for a while and I am worried abour 300 SAUM.

7 saum, yes.

I re barreled my 270 wsm to 7 saum. I'm very happy with the result.
However there seems to be a shortage of saum brass right now. Things may improve later.

I think if I was to choose any of the short mags now
I would choose 300 wsm. ( In fact I did. ) Lots of brass. shoots a wide range of bullet weights and styles. The barrel will last a long time--2000 or so. As accurate as any thing.

You are going to be limited to any of the SAUM, or WSM configurations. You can not go to a 300 win mag, due to case length. The LA 300 RUM, definitely not.
The 300 WSM is a great option, as is any of the WSM bullets. I had one of those, in the rifle that you have, and it was incredibly accurate. I know what you mean about the brass.

You all are forgetting the 6.5 rem and 350 rem mags that are both SA belted rounds. A bit off the wall but I'd bet you can case form them from any of the other belteds in a pinch.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.