.300 Rum

sure shot

What's up guys. I am looking into buying a Rem Sendero stainless fluted you know the one in .300 rum how does this round compair to a 338 win mag with a 250gr bullet in terms of recoil and how is barrle life? the guy wants 810$ for it plus tax. how is the price? Thanks.

Shoot'n Hogs

If it is new, $810 is about the going price.
I got mine for $790 new.
I can't tell you anything about the 338win, but I can tell you the 300rum is fun to shoot and reload for. Although, part of me wishes I would have gotten the 338rum. I guess you can never be happy.

sure shot

Thanks for the reply hogs i just recived a better price of 770 for it
but still looking. Come on ware are all you 300 rum guys at I know your out there give me some feedback!!

Iron Worker

Tommy I shoot a 300RUM it kicks butt on both ends.However I put a vias muzzel brake on it.Now I'm not Bull Sh--ing you I think it took better than %50 of recoil off it.Hey some how some way they all shoot really good also.Mine is a REM 700 with a sporter 26" BBL.I've shot 1/2 " groups several times.With Nosler Gold Partions.98.0H1000 produced 3,367FPS.My rifle ROCKS!!! Dude

demarpaint

I paid $760 for mine last year. You are going to want to put a brake on it if you plan on shooting a lot. It has a pretty good kick to it.

Dr. John

I bought one this winter. I did not put a brake on it. My main use is target, so I mounted it in a choate ultimate sniper stock, filled the extra spaces in the stock with lead shot,(rifle weighs in at about 21lbs....shoots like a pussycat), topped it with a leupold 6.5-20 50mm long range target scope. my last set of groups I shot (have not worked up loads yet, just picked one load) were 3/4" and 1 3/4" at 400 yards with a cross wind and alot of mirage.

I made a set of should straps for it so I carry it like a back pack rather than on 1 shoulder. BIG difference. went coyote hunting this winter on snow shoes. carried it over 2 miles...very comfy. (no coyotes though). I am currently shooting 190gr Sierra Match kings.

I absolutely love this rig. I had initially considered the 338rum version. I just find the 300 to be more economical and it does what I want it to do.

but...can't tell you how it shoots with the original stock...never tried it. I have considered putting a brake on it but I am afraid to mess up the accuracy. maybe someday.

sniper2

I have owned a .338 win bag and have a 300 RUM in weather warrior sak Savage, Rum
more devastating than the .338 win bag.I even have a 300 RUM necked to .338 which is a super performe, so do five of my friends
this round is worth considering or an improved version!! Not to throw off on the .338 win but it is a very old cartridge
and the RUM's will out shine it with ease
espically one with a little free bore and a
30" barrrel!!!

sakofan

I had a .300 RUM Sendero S/F. Great shooting rifle!!
Funny, I havent heard of any that have not been wicked accurate.

Great cartridge to reload for too.

Hey sniper2, a .338 win bag...Is that a new wildcat cartridge??...LOL..sakofan..Sounds like a description of my x wife!

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce