300 rum with h1000?

aer212

Hi all, wondering if anyone is loading h1000 for the 300 rum with 180's? Looks like I have a couple spots, one at around 88gr and one around 93gr. I do have a couple questions though. Is remington brass any good? Seems like the primer pockets were a little loose from the start. Also, is the ADG brass any good?

212, Remington brass is ok, just a lot more work to get ready for loading. I like Nosler brass, just make sure he necks are not dinged and load. H1000 is one of the go-to powders for the 300 RUM. Perhaps try a 200-200+ bullet to utilize all that powder. Good luck

I have retumbo but have been a little nervous to use it after hearing about strange pressure spikes blowing up guns. Thanks for the responses!

I am a big fan of ADG brass. I have been using it for 300 Win and it has been excellent. I haven't had any issues with Retumbo and have used a lot and in larger powder charges as well. Agree with the 200 or higher bullet weight. I shoot 210s out of a 300 Win and it is an excellent set up and RUM has it beat for case capacity and potential velocity.

Haven't heard to the negative using Retumbo?!
My pet load with Norma brass and 212 ELDX & 210 VLDH is 89.5. This is medium fast fast load for my rifle, not max.

H-1000 has been my go to with the 200+ in the 300 RUM, I run 88 gr. with the 210's.
I also load a lot of Retumbo in several other calibers, the one thing that I have noticed is that Retumbo does not like to be run on the ragged edge, it is best to back off close to a full grain from pressure. I have noticed that when I do this the load is much more consistent day to day in terms of pressure.

H1000 and 230's are hard to beat.
IMG_0292.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.