300 rum ultra short range

stxhunter

hi everyone this my first post ive been checking this forum out for several months i'm having a local gunsmith here in corpus build me a 300 wm and i bought a 700p in 300 rum and put a 6.6-20 lp vrx3 on it 50mm anyways i got to use the rum yesterday whent to the ranch over in duval county freer tx to bow hunt didnt get a deer but a hog came in right as it was getting to dark to see so i stuck it then walked back to my truck about 1/2 mile to get my spotlight and rum figured this would give the hog time to bleedout when i got back could'nt find the arrow but did pick up a good blood trail which i followed about 75 yards and there was the hog but he was'nt dead seems he was standing at a angle and the arrow hit a little far back in the gut and was sticking out his left ham now here was the fun part i have a rifle that weights around 13# a ****ed off hog i'm by myself and my spotlight has to have the button held down or it shuts off so i hold the rifle out one handed and stick the barrel about a ft away from its head as its staring to get up and shot dead hog but my wrist is sore today next time i'll take my smithnwission 44 anyways can't wait for rifle season to try out the rum on some deer we have a couple of senderos i can shoot out to 800-900 yards really enjoy this forum and have learned a lot here thanks

hi varment i'll be doing some practicing before i move out that far but i have made kills out to 400 that one being with a 243 shot a running hog at 180 yrds with a 270 this past aprl that one had a little luck invovled as i had run about 100yrds to head them off after my buddy had shot and killed one of them shot it offhand and hit in the spine about 8 inch ahead of the tail the opening it was crossing was about 20 ft wide and i could only lead it to the edge of the brush anyways i got me some 200gr accoubonds and h1000 and retoumbo for the 300 ultra and some 180 accoubonds for the 300wm when ever i get it back the gunsmith but its worth the wait he does first class work built me and my dads pistols when we use to shot matchs 38 supers and 45 acps.the mcmillion stock came in 2 weeks ago took 4 months so it shouldnt be much longer

[ QUOTE ]
hi everyone this my first post ive been checking this forum out for several months i'm having a local gunsmith here in corpus build me a 300 wm and i bought a 700p in 300 rum and put a 6.6-20 lp vrx3 on it 50mm anyways i got to use the rum yesterday whent to the ranch over in duval county freer tx to bow hunt didnt get a deer but a hog came in right as it was getting to dark to see so i stuck it then walked back to my truck about 1/2 mile to get my spotlight and rum figured this would give the hog time to bleedout when i got back could'nt find the arrow but did pick up a good blood trail which i followed about 75 yards and there was the hog but he was'nt dead seems he was standing at a angle and the arrow hit a little far back in the gut and was sticking out his left ham now here was the fun part i have a rifle that weights around 13# a ****ed off hog i'm by myself and my spotlight has to have the button held down or it shuts off so i hold the rifle out one handed and stick the barrel about a ft away from its head as its staring to get up and shot dead hog but my wrist is sore today next time i'll take my smithnwission 44 anyways can't wait for rifle season to try out the rum on some deer we have a couple of senderos i can shoot out to 800-900 yards really enjoy this forum and have learned a lot here thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

who is the gun smith and what is his shop or contact info.
i'm in laredo and i've been wanting a good gunsmith to send my 300 wm and 300 rum for some work.

stric9

stric his name is glenn martin martin custom gunsmith sandia tx about 6 miles north of orangegrove tx by lake corpus christi his ph# is 361 547 6617 he has a great reputation amoung the peaple who shot matchs around here he also use to work for dillion reloaders has about a 6 month backlog

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts