300 rum reloading suggestions

rjf

As title describes, I have berger 205 elite and 212 eld-x bullets. Found some h-1000 and imr 8133 for reloading. Any advice on a starting point for these powders.

Thanks

As title describes, I have berger 205 elite and 212 eld-x bullets. Found some h-1000 and imr 8133 for reloading. Any advice on a starting point for these powders.

Thanks
Personal experience likes it at max, but work up to it every rifle Is different. Seating depth I found in factory rifles to be as long as you can seat the bullet and still get it to fit in the box/mag. Typically somewhere in the neighborhood of 3.689. 215 match primers I've had the best luck with. But the CCI large mag primers work great as well. If you have an extended box/mag my ultra mags like it 2 thousands off the lands to 4 thousandth.

Personal experience likes it at max, but work up to it every rifle Is different. Seating depth I found in factory rifles to be as long as you can seat the bullet and still get it to fit in the box/mag. Typically somewhere in the neighborhood of 3.689. 215 match primers I've had the best luck with. But the CCI large mag primers work great as well. If you have an extended box/mag my ultra mags like it 2 thousands off the lands to 4 thousandth.
Also H1000 shoots really well.

212 ELD-X, 84gn H-1000, move up to a max around 90gn. Mine liked them 0.050" off, which was 3.690" COL. Fell apart fast closer, stayed together better further off.