300 RUM Reloading Recipe

Cajuncoonazz

Im out of retumbo powder and looking at h1000 and aliant 33 anyone have opinions on which powder to use as well as a recipe. I shoot 210 bergers out of a christianson arms with carbon fiber barrel. Thanks

85-89gr H1000 with the 210. 89 got me to 3075 FPS was pressure was not happy. This was a 28" Christensen barrel but it also pressured up fast. Could only load to about midway on book loads to keep pressure down where I was comfortable.

Nosler's website may be a good place to look as well.

If both are available, may want to get them both. RL 33 may give better velocity. No experience with it though.

Last edited:
RE33 is good, but dirty. US869 might get you want you want.
H1000 will be accurate, but slow.
I have good results with RE25 and the temp sensitivity isn't as bad as most say.

Cheers.

I dont agree with H1000 being to slow. I reload for 2 300 rums, that I own and there is not 70 fps difference between H1000 and Rutumbo. Shockingly my go to shoots H1000 faster than rutumbo. Use a 215 match primers and it will burn that slow H1000 into a nice hard hitting group. If your loading 180 gr you might see more with rutumbo, but I doubt it. Anything over 200 grains your not going to see hardly anything. H1000 Is very accurate and temp stability is better than Re33. So if you got H1000 I'd say load it.

Loaded H1000 with the 210 Berger VLDH in a 700 RUM for the neighbor's son. With this load's accuracy not concerned about a little velocity. He likes the temperature insensitivity also. Not sure, but I'd think a bit slower and very accurate load will harvest more game than a so so screamer.

Recent Posts