300 RUM Ready

dragman

Just found the load that my 300RUM likes. It is gonna be my long range hunter but I am gonna take it to a 1000 yard bench match sunday to see what it does. It doesn't have to bad of recoil as it is 15lbs, but it maybe a little more than is gonna be nice for the bench. either way I am excited to see what happens. here is what it settled on (more pressure signs than I like but bolts not sticky and primers aren't blown so I am going with it) I am not a speed demon but the harder I pushed the tighter it got.

210 berger VLD (hunting)
Nolser Brass
Retumbo 94 grains
CCI 250 primer
3308FPS

Attachments

• 300rum 1.jpg
    300rum 1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 300rum.jpg
    300rum.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 300rum 2.jpg
    300rum 2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 55
Dang, that was one great LR rig!!

Congrats to you with both the rig and the load. Should be room for but some operational error and some changes in wind condition with this one.

WE have a saying that precise rifles have less drift. BS off course but it seems like it when shooting the really accurate stuff.

Good luck Sunday, if the load has velocity spread like it groups you should be unstoppable off the bench

Any more info available on the gun itself?

Dang, that was one great LR rig!!

Congrats to you with both the rig and the load. Should be room for but some operational error and some changes in wind condition with this one.

WE have a saying that precise rifles have less drift. BS off course but it seems like it when shooting the really accurate stuff.

Good luck Sunday, if the load has velocity spread like it groups you should be unstoppable off the bench

Any more info available on the gun itself?
Gun was built by Hart and is a trued remington action with Hart barrel and a Tooley stock. still has original remington trigger ( gonna be a jewel soon) I bought it from a member here and it was even better than I could have hoped. Now only if I can perform as well as the gun it might be a good day I like the wind fighting of this load but I still gotta not mess up lol.

I really love the look of the rig and the way it's shooting my bet is that on Sunday you have a really good day!

I've never even heard of "Tooley's Stocks" but I'm quite impressed with the look. It looks like a cross between the A3 sporter and the vented varmint stocks made by Remington and Winchester.

Good luck!

did pretty good couple dumb mistakes but but the gun performed great! couldn't be happier with it!!!
Good to hear. Shooting in front of a crowd can be stressful as hell if you aren't used to it.

I'd be willing to bet that next time out those little boo boos get even smaller and your outcome will be even better.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts