300 Rum Range Results.

el si

I would work up the powder charge first before working on seating depth. I think of powder change changes as ‘coarse’ adjustments and seating depth changes as ‘fine’ adjustments.

I suggest a solid rest for your gun. I found I can get tighter groups with a benchrest front rest and rabbit ear sandbag than with a bipod.:)

[FONT=&quot]Give some time between your shots also. I read that the 300RUM is hard on barrels. I have a Rem 700 SPS 300RUM and it gets pretty warm after 3 rds and really hot after 5 rds of fire-reload-fire. Like you I shoot mine in 83-95 degree weather and it takes a while to cool the barrel off. I rotate between two other rifles while waiting for the RUM to cool.[/FONT]

nddodd

Your first post reads that you were using h-1000 then about 4 more posts down you start talking about retumbo if you had good groups with the 1000 why switch to retumbo. My go to load with mine is 92.5 gr of h-1000 with 200 gr accubonds seated at mag length.

-Nathan

Michael J. Spangler

i've read conflicting view on wether or not to go with a change in powder charge or a change in seating depth first.

anyone that could elaborate and give me a solid reason to go with one or the other?

i switched to retumbo to see what it had to offer, seems like with all the reading i could do, most people were using retumbo over the H1000. i figured it would be worth a try to see what i got for results vs the h1000

Thanks guys keep em coming please