• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

300 Rum , LRH parts build

Rum Man

For Sale a 300 ultra mag parts built from LRH members.
Blued Remington action , bolt face trued , lugs lapped.
Timney trigger , Remington Long Range take off barrel plus brake , my Smith cleaned up the chamber . It was new when I started my load work .
It loves 230 bergers @ 3036 ft.per.sec with Nv570.
This was put together just to shoot a Milk Jug One Mile Challenge with my Buddy's !

The action shows wear . It was built to shoot not look Pretty! This is a single shot set up with my loads , I had plenty of time to put another round in for the Challenge !!
Asking $1175.00 Shipped in the lower 48 .
Walmart to Walmart or Pomo for payment .
I could set you up with 50 Rounds for Hunting Season if you like for extra $$
Any questions give me a shout !

Rum Man

Last edited:
Here is the group I settled on for the Challenge.
It was my 3rd. gun sight in that day and it was 31° I was frozen to say the least .
20200403_165404.jpg

It looks like there is 71 rounds fired on this set up . I will check my data book tonight .
Thanks for looking !

Rum Man

thats a good shooter for sure! Ive only been able to achieve 2996 consistently with the 230's from my RUM. With powder shortages, I may tinker with N570! Good luck with the sale RUM Man!

What's the max mag length?
Well I never checked . If you read my post it tells you its single feed and that is for the most or best round I could make . I'm chashing the lands . I want everything this Rifle would give me . I dont put in the extended mag box because I will single feed this set up from the start .

Now if you were going to use factory ammo then your all set ! It's a factory /standard size mag box from the factory !
I dont feel I need the mag box installed for my type of hunting . When I'm finnished with load work it's very close to best it can be !
I do have a round close just incase but typically dont need it !

Rum Man

One more Spin and if no takers I will scope it back up and send a few more down the Pipe!
Found out last night I might be able to get a 3/4 mike shot at a Buddy's place here ! Need to check with Rangefinder.

Rum Man