300 RUM Loads for 200 Grain Accubond

rangerman

I would appreciate any load data you could share with me for the 300 RUM with the 200 grain accubond. I have worked up a very accurate load using the 208 grain amax but would like to also work up a load using the accubond in the event I have an opportunity to hunt elk and bear this fall.
Thanks.

We use between 90 to 91.5 of h1000 in 3 different rifles with great results. we're seating to magazine length and using cci 250' s

Please remember, what may be safe in my rifle might no be safe in yours. Always start about 10% low and work your way up. Be safe and good shooting!

Rifle: Remington Sendero 700 300 RUM

200grAB300rum.jpg

Thanks guys for sharing your pet load information. It is very much appreciated. Anyone else with any load data? I plan to start load development for my 300 RUM very soon.

I just sold a gun I took in trade and it shot 5/8 groups . It was 87.5grs 7828 with 200gr Accubonds. Velocity was 3110. Factory gun.

This is what I did with accubonds in my rifle. I have now switched to Hammer hunter 180gr.

Brass: ADG virgin brass. Full sized, Turn mandrel.
Neck tension set at 0.002
Powder: Ramshot Magnum 93 gr.
Primer: CCI large Rifle Primer Magnum
Bullet: Accubond 200 GR
COAL 3.600
CBTO 2.862

I was getting 2998 sub MOA.

7828 SSC and 210 ABLRs - the trick was to stuff them down into the case, 3.600" book COL which worked out to 0.072" off the lands. I'm running at a very pedestrian 2900 FPS, no need to whip these any faster IMO, gets them there fast enough very economically in the big case, especially running a bullet the internet swears won't shoot.

I buy a RUM, I get all ready to do all the Wyatt's fancy work to it.... and lo and behold it shoots at factory mag length 🤣 This is my sole surviving RUM that hasn't been Shermanized yet, factory barrel still.

I would appreciate any load data you could share with me for the 300 RUM with the 200 grain accubond. I have worked up a very accurate load using the 208 grain amax but would like to also work up a load using the accubond in the event I have an opportunity to hunt elk and bear this fall.
Thanks.
H1000 Fed 215 match, I try to load as long as possible. H1000 is in my opinion is an amazing powder. You will probably be somewhere between 90 to 92.5 gr