300 RUM Load development*group pics added*

LMAO! No, seriously, the cross bar has (or used to) have a flat milled on one side & not ther other. I assumed (I know, I know) that was for a larger purchase against the lug of you picatinny rail... I would have to agree it does look tougher on the bolt side, ah... the benefit if being a south paw!

No, don't do that just yet, i've got a couple sets as home in my parts kit, i'll verify when I get there (about an hour or so). Hang til then, i'd feel like a real tool for havin you strip you scope off to find out I was full of crap.:D

Just checked a set I have and with the nuts on the bolt side (right) the recoil cutout in the crossbolt is to the rear. So to me you are OK.

Yeah, it's supposed to be in front, don't start lobbin the hate mail yet... i'll verify & post a pic if i can get a good shot of it.

Yep, milled on one side round on the other...

Attachments

• Burris XTR Cross Bar 001.jpg
    Burris XTR Cross Bar 001.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 62
If it makes you feel better, one of my rifles is still sporting them backwards (thats when I found out). I wonder if the other "big" rings sport that type of cross bar? Like the Maxx 50's & such....

Well sir outlaw... you were correct so I put it back together correctlyand fortunatley the alignment bars indicated no additional ring lapping was required so it was a quick fix. I loaded another 5 .075 off the lands this time so hopefully I get her at least under an inch this time!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.