300 RUM hates ELDX

It seems like the eld-x either shoot well or the rifle hates them... I have both in my safe... play around a bit more with them with a bit of variance in seating depth and move on if you don't get success. Sometimes a very slow burning powder will have a bit softer launch and get a rather soft pill like the eld-x to shoot. Have you tried any of the 50 bmg powders?
I've only tried Retumbo

Follow the procedure that Berger recommends on seating depth tests. It has a really wide range of seating depths and one of the 4 groups will be better. From that fine tune up or down depending on what the trend of the previous 4 groups showed you.

I can never get Hornady bullets to either group well and perform in game the way I like, or perform well on game and group well without fliers.
Quit using cheap Hornady bullets and you will have a fine cartridge that will perform to your liking.
Give the Accubond or Barnes bullets a go. Just remember with the Barnes the 200g is about the longest bullet you can use in a 10" twist.

Cheers.

When I had my 300 RUM, i also had problems with heavier bullets not grouping. Sooo i stayed with 180's of just about any kind and shot 3/4 or less at 200. There aint much the 180 won't handle. I used imr 4350 with outstanding results. The load shot better than me because recoil would wear me out after 10 rounds. Sooo maybe your gun with the 1x10 twist just won't shoot the heavies. Just my 2 cent worth.

I have been running 200 gr. ELDX with Retumbo
I have them set at 20 thou off the lands and my groups are a lil over an inch at 200 yards.
Velocity is at 3,250 ft/s
Would you mind sharing what brand brass and charge weight? I'm using the same combo for my father's 300RUM. 90.5gr Retumbo is giving 3050FPS and .5moa accuracy. I didn't bother with going hotter due to time constraints but may play with it some more in the upper range after season.

Would you mind sharing what brand brass and charge weight? I'm using the same combo for my father's 300RUM. 90.5gr Retumbo is giving 3050FPS and .5moa accuracy. I didn't bother with going hotter due to time constraints but may play with it some more in the upper range after season.
Norma Brass with 93.0 gr of Retumbo
went up to 93.8 which got me heavy ejector marks but only got to a 3,270 ft/s avg.
92.8 to 93.4 was pretty good vel node at 3,250 ft/s
93.0 had the best SD's & groups
used CCI250's as well.