300 RUM Brass

Double AA

I did a search but didn't come up with anything. I just ordered a 300 RUM and need to get set up. Who else besides Remington and Nosler is currently making brass in this caliber? I have a 338 RUM and Remington is the only choice available. Although it looked like hell when it was new it seems to be of good quality and is holding up well. So if it'a only between Remington and Nosler is there really any difference. I've never used Nosler and all I know about it is it's more expensive.

Thanks,

Double AA

Haven't used any nosler brass myself, but I can tell you its much better then rem brass from all the reading i've done..

Not that rem brass was all that bad, nosler just weight sorts it, chamfer and deburs it, ready to load!! Its also quite a bit harder then rem brass from what I've read, so should withstand higher pressures and last a little longer..

I used Rem brass in my 300 RUM and got 8 firings per case out of them. I ran them to max or right below max.

Double AA

Nosler brass is nice but it,s 25% more expensive.

And as remington man said its weight sorted,deburred
& chamfered.

So if you take the remington brass and do the same you
wont lose 25% of the brass by weight (the last batch of
remingtion brass I weight sorted out of 200 rds i had
11 rounds that were out of spec and I used them for test
loads and barrel breakin)less than 6% loss not 25%.

Dont get me wrong Nosler has a good product and a smart
selling point but if you buy the same 300 RUM brass a year
from now it may not weigh the same as the first batch.

Just my opinion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
J E CUSTOM

I don't know if I just had Remington brass figured out better or what but it seems to produce more accurate groups. Nosler is just as soft if not softer than Remington in 300 ultra. It also weighs more.

It is beautifully produced brass though. You don't really need to neck turn or prep it at all-other than uniform the pockets. It is good stuff but I have had better luck getting Remington to shoot so far. Hopefully that will change..........

Looks like I'm going to find out some things about the Nosler brass in 300 RUM reformed to the 270 AM. If its softer and heavier than the Remington stuff I'm most probably in trouble.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dont buy Nosler 300 to use in 270AM i did had alot of issues
went out got remingon bass all sized fine.

Now! he tells me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Already got'em. Opened the box. And even fondled 'em a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks guys, I think I'll buy a couple hundred remingtons and weed through them.
Thanks again,

Double AA

I've had excellent luck w/ the nosler brass. The closet brass I can compare it to would be lapua. I don't think it's softer than remington not even close. I get 3 more firings out of it than the remington which more than makes up for the cost.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.