300 RUM Brass Capacity

mhamlin

300 RUM Remington LR Hunter. I'm doing load development for the 215's and the 230's.I have been reloading Remington brass up until now. I have some Nosler brass and some brand new Norma brass. How much difference in powder capacity should I expect to find? How much should I adjust my charges to accommodate the higher quality brass (assuming thicker/heavier)?

Mike

Reloading 101:Any change.... go back to start charge and work back up to pressure..

+1. I am facing the same issues myself with a 300 RUM. Just weight or h2o sort it by brand and lot. I then sort that into 50 cartridge groups and keep those groups together thru the life of the brass. I shoot, clean, and prep, each of those groups on their own. I put 1.3 grains more in my Remington bras than my Nosler brass. That's just how it worked out. I run lighter loads in my 300 RUM. Don't push for max or high node.

+1. I am facing the same issues myself with a 300 RUM. Just weight or h2o sort it by brand and lot. I then sort that into 50 cartridge groups and keep those groups together thru the life of the brass. I shoot, clean, and prep, each of those groups on their own. I put 1.3 grains more in my Remington bras than my Nosler brass. That's just how it worked out. I run lighter loads in my 300 RUM. Don't push for max or high node.
Barrelnut,

Mine likes the slower speeds. When I push it, the groups really spread out.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.