300 RUM Brass and Shell Holder

Rebell

Does anyone have a problem with Nosler Brass not fitting in the #38 Shell Holder? I have two 300 RUM's, my Remington Sendero I shoot Remington Brass and when I purchased my new Fierce I thought I would use Nosler Brass so I always know which rifle the ammo was fire Formed in. The once fired Nosler Brass will not fit in the shell holder so I can resize. Anyone heard about this or have this issue?
Thanks.

I had the problem with Remington brass but found out it was the shell holder not opened up all the way. Mic the brass and compare to saami spec sheet, also mic the shell holder

Thanks for the help fellas. My first thought was finding a comparable shell holder like Buttermilk suggested. I mic'ed the brass as suggested and found the the Nosler Brass was exactly what max SAAMI shows at .534. The Remington brass was .526/.527. This explains one being bigger than the other but not why the RCBS shell holder didn't work. I ordered another shell holder from Midway but also found a Hornady #5 shell holder at the local Sportsmans here in Lewiston. It works perfect for the Nosler brass. I guess I will just leave the RCBS holder with the Remington brass and the Hornady holder for the Nosler brass.
Thanks again guys. I needed to vent a little and you provided good thought and ideas.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.