300 RUM berger 215gr hybrid load data ?

USMCPAHunter

so i finally got some 215gr berger hybrids ordered today along with some brass. i jst got this rifle i have not shot it yet. its a rem 700 bdl with a new stock brake trigger exc with a factory 26in barrel anbody shoot these ?

Yes I have :D

Try H1000 from 88 to 90 grains depending of the rifle turned my 300 ultra to a half minute gun will hold we'll under MOA to 800 yards now , the 215 grouped way better than the 210 VLD .

Load them and go shoot , the 215 are less sensitive to seating depth :rolleyes:

Try H1000 from 88 to 90 grains depending of the rifle turned my 300 ultra to a half minute gun will hold we'll under MOA to 800 yards now , the 215 grouped way better than the 210 VLD .

whats your oal and mv ?

also i think my reloading shop doesnt carry h1000 just retumbo whats the dif between the two ? i havent fired a round through this gun im still gathering componets ... i will probably never fire a factory round through this rifle :p

I load for 2 300 ultra mags, mine and a buddy of mines. Both are Remington sendaros. His has been trued bolt sleeved,factory barrel still. In that one we load 91 gr of H1000 with the 215 and it was 50 thou off the lands. We tried a lot of different depths and that was the one that worked the best. Well under 1/2 Moa. This one is pretty slow for an ultra 2985 fps.

Mine is a all factory sendaro. Just bedded, a baxis trigger and a muzzle break. In that one I shoot 94 gr of retumbo (fairly warm but no pressure signs) with the 215 bergers 22 thou off the lands and it shoots at 3140. It shoots right around 1/2 moa.

Both have no problems shooting gongs at 800.

My loads are 40 off the lands and I am loading 91.2 GR of H1000 getting right at 3040 FPS .

I tried retumbo but it gun didn't like it , switched to H1000 made all the difference :D

I would start out with about 87 gr of Retumbo and work up 1 gr at a time and expect to see max around 92-94.

The difference between Retumbo and H1000 is Retumbo is a slower burning powder which means you'll need more of it for a max load, which is a good thing. The closer you are to 100% case capacity you are, the better for more consistent combustion.

Also, I have always gotten slightly better velocities with Retumbo with about the same accuracy.

Both are good relatively stable powders.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts