300 RUM and Hammer bullet

Tractor flyer

Recenly had a RUM put together with 700 action and Proof 1:9.4 twist, 26". I'm wanting to try Hammer bullets and wondering if someone may have experience with same barrel and tell what grain Hammer Hunter worked best for up to 800 yards or plus for accuracy and consistency? If willing to share load would be appreciated also. This is my second 300 RUM build.
I've searched this site many times since start reloading 4 years ago and is wealth of info that has helped tremendously, so thank you!

300 RUM
9.4 twist
800yd max
I'd say the 181 will probably be a good bet. It'll be pretty flat for a MPBR, point and shoot to 400 yds without having to think type rifle with enough steam at 800 for whatever you want to shoot.

I used the 181 Hammer Hunter in my 30Nosler with exceptional results on paper and a bull elk.
Steve from Hammer posts here and on the Hammer forum. He can best address specific questions re: bullet weight, style and bbl twist.

Loading the 214 hammer hunter right now in 300 norma improved. With 570 and lapua brass. Found a load with really good ES and accuracy just gotta stretch the legs past 100 to 1000 yards and see how it performs.

Tried the 199 didn't get as good as ES so might try Steve's pet load with h1000 in it if the 214 don't work out.

9 twist proof carbon fiber.
Should have more to report mid week. Temps suppose to cool down just a bit.

181's at 3350-3400 will be the ticket.

Steve was telling about someone running a lighter hammer at 36-3700fps if I remember correctly out of a RUM talk about a laser

I enjoy a 143 in my 28 nosler at 3500. Been up to 3625.... was a tad hot but a laser. Zero at 300, don't think about a game shot til after 400.

I can vouch for the 300rum and 181's @ 3400. Seems like a winning combo to me, your results may vary, (mine have been stellar, easy to load for, outstanding accuracy, no first hand terminal performance as yet but I have no reason to doubt). Considering the positive feed back around here, the support offered by Steve @ Hammer. I don't think you can go wrong.
MThead

I've been testing 181 Hammers in my 300 Rum. Been doing good with Retumbo and H1000. Not so good with IMR 8133. I finally got some RL26 and N70 to test with. Have some loaded but not shot yet. I have a hunch the both with shoot well.
What say you Rhett ?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.