300 RUM and a 338 RUM???? ***

That's his rifle. Yours could and hopefully would shoot the higher BC bullets. Although many hunt with SMKs, they are not optimal.
yep.... I'm seeing the same thing with my 7mm's... the berger is a shotgun in my 7stw, but my 7rum is looking like it my do well (though it already eats a hdy 175 to 1/2 moa). You have to shoot what the barrel likes, and imo shooting a good portion of your barrel life out "making" an uncooperative barrel eat a bullet is a bad move.

Got any pics of the 338. How r u going to set it up? What scope? Rail? . The 338/300 gr gives you serious heavy and dangerous game round. . I'm not too keen on the 308 rounds as they are either too big or too small for my use. But, if you got it it is a barrel you can burn up practicing at long range. When the barrel is burned up you can send it off and have it rebored to 338 then you can have 2, 338 RUMS. where will you be hunting and shooting?

Got any pics of the 338. How r u going to set it up? What scope? Rail? . The 338/300 gr gives you serious heavy and dangerous game round. . I'm not too keen on the 308 rounds as they are either too big or too small for my use. But, if you got it it is a barrel you can burn up practicing at long range. When the barrel is burned up you can send it off and have it rebored to 338 then you can have 2, 338 RUMS. where will you be hunting and shooting?

Its just a stock XCR II at the moment. I kinda blew out my budget buying the 300 and the 338. Also, I bought a Model 722 in 244 at the same time. I also just came across a Wise Lite Sterling 9MM SMG. I missed my chance to get one when buds and atlantic had em for $500. I kicked myself for not getting one then so I can't pass it up again. My gunsmith is a Leupold dealer so hes going to get me the Mark IV 6-20X50 at cost and an appropriate rail. Bipod, Tri Delta muzzle brake or maybe a Witt. The stock doesn't bother me although t I am looking for some 250 grain Accubonds to shoot with. In the meantime all I have are some 250 Sierra Match Kings. When I burn out the 300... ill get another 300. Every girl should have a 30 cal in her purse.

WarKitty

I have selected some mixed 338 and 30 cal bullets from my stash I can send to get you started
look at the pics and let me know if you want all the boxes or pick some, no markup over Midway

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 56
-...........-

I also have a new unopened bag (50 pcs) of Remington 300 RUM brass I can part with if you need some !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 54
Wow that is really sweet of you. I would love to take about half your stash off your hands and the brass.... going to have to wait for a couple of paychecks as I have blown a lot of coins on guns lately.

Ill definitely get back to you soon. :rolleyes:

Whenever you're ready, stuff is not going anywhere,
I most likely will never use anything under 300 gr in the 338 cal and 215 gr in 30 cal in my wildcats, have multiple boxes of each bullet shown in pics and have plenty of brass

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.