300 RUM and 168gr Barnes TTSX

ShortMag3

Does anyone have a good 3400fps load for the Barnes 168 Tipped TSX? I have RL22,25 and Retumbo to test but would appreciate some experienced input.

Thanks a lot!

ShortMag3

Does anyone have a good 3400fps load for the Barnes 168 Tipped TSX? I have RL22,25 and Retumbo to test but would appreciate some experienced input.

Thanks a lot!

ShortMag3

Here's some load data....

308_15_165

I'm curious as to the use for the load. I recently acquired a 300rum and seeing that I can push 210grain bullets at 3200, I wonder, why go with a lighter bullet? With the heavier bullet you get better BC, less wind deflection, more energy down range......

It's actually a customer request and he has a 1 in 11 twist Lilja barrel. He is a velociity hound. I shoot 180's @ 3300 and very accurately.

Thanks for the link!

It's actually a customer request and he has a 1 in 11 twist Lilja barrel. He is a velociity hound. I shoot 180's @ 3300 and very accurately.

Thanks for the link!

Break out the ballistics chart and show your customer the way....

When it comes to downrange performance, heavy bullet going fast beats light bullet going faster every time.

I have several 300 RUMs and have loaded for others. RE25 behind 180 grain Accubonds. Recently I found a load of H1000 behind 168 grain Nosler CTs that works great. I would also try that...around 95.0 grains and up would work nicely. FED215m primers. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.