300 RUM,338RUM, or 30-378 which for Alaskan LRH???

Wildrose. I love my lever action for what i use it for, just works faster than my bolt actions. But back to my dilemna,I'm gonna go with the 338rum. If I cant find a Sendero model, I'll buy a barrel and have my father inlaw work on it. Nice to have a gunsmith in the family..
Hey, go for it man. You can't go wrong with the Rum. If you ever want more power you can always go up later.

Any of them will work fine, I like the mild 338's. The are fun to shoot and watch the energy on target. You also have the 338 Norma, gas and go with good brass and easy to load for. Great case design.

I am not an edge guy either i think that anything the edge can do a Lapua can do with better brass life.
Don't wait long on me to argue.

I'm still mad at Lapua though for not standardizing the .300 Lapua. That WAS going to be my next caliber (about five or ten years back, whenever it was looking great in testing)... . **** I'm getting old.

Thanks for the input, still not really decided yet. But have made the choice between the two RUM's. Still swaying towards the 338RUM though , just like the bullet weights better for the critters up here in Alaska. The ballastics are pretty impressive too.

Thanks for the input, still not really decided yet. But have made the choice between the two RUM's. Still swaying towards the 338RUM though , just like the bullet weights better for the critters up here in Alaska. The ballastics are pretty impressive too.
You can't go wrong with either of the Rum's. If I were living in your neck of the woods the .338 Rum would be my go to caliber as well.

With big bears and Moose that extra energy is most certainly not wasted. With all the wind you guys get up there the higher BC bullets are also going to make a big difference on the long shots as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.