300 RUM - 210 Gr Berger VLD hunting- Retumbo powder

I shoot the 230 Berger at 3150 out of my 300 rum. 26" 1:10 twist factory Remington sendero barrel. Shoots under 1/2 moa at 100 yards. I haven't stretched it's legs yet, though. Coal is just under 4", so obviously, I'm operating as a single shot. I'm seating .040" off the lands.

I shoot the 230 Berger at 3150 out of my 300 rum. 26" 1:10 twist factory Remington sendero barrel. Shoots under 1/2 moa at 100 yards. I haven't stretched it's legs yet, though. Coal is just under 4", so obviously, I'm operating as a single shot. I'm seating .040" off the lands.
Wow, that's moving ! What powder, brass, etc. ?

Norma brass, 215m primers, rl33 powder. I'm getting no pressure signs at my current load, but any higher a powder charge and accuracy degrades a little. It's not bad, maybe 1 moa. But I figure why beat up the gun and the beass any more than I have to for a small increase in speed. This load will do anything I want it to do.

Norma brass, 215m primers, rl33 powder. I'm getting no pressure signs at my current load, but any higher a powder charge and accuracy degrades a little. It's not bad, maybe 1 moa. But I figure why beat up the gun and the beass any more than I have to for a small increase in speed. This load will do anything I want it to do.
I got higher speeds with RL33 also but found pressure spikes above ~84f so i stuck with Retumbo, I had a 3 grain node that gave less than 2" of vertical on a 600 yard ladder so I stuck with that.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.