300 Rum 200 Grain Accubond

txhoghunter73

I have a factory sendero rifle SF2 chambered in 300 RUM. Im having a hard time getting the 200 grain accubond to shoot good out of it. Ive tried 3 different seating depths. 2 different powders(h1000 and Retumbo) and a ton of different ladder tests(about 75 shots). i cant get them to shoot good. and as soon as i find a good group i try it again with the same exact loading and it shoots like crap. Has anyone had problems getting the accubonds to shoot good? it shoots factory remington green box in about a 3/4 inch group so i know it likes 200 grain bullets. i feel like im gonna burn my barrel up before i get a load for it.

I currently load for 4 rem 700's in 300 RUM with the 200 gr ab. All are loaded to mag length, cci 250, and all within a grain of 90.5 of H1000. each of them settled in on a slightly different powder charge. it's proven to be a good combination for us. I hope you can make it work in your rifle. Good luck.

No problems getting them to shoot either.

My load is: 200 Gr, AB, 89.5 H1000, F215M, Rem brass. Runs right around 3150 FPS.

How bad is bad? Got pics of groups? More details?

Bad as in like 1.5 inches at 100 yards. Like I said I shoot 1 group that's .4 inches then the next one that's the same exact load is an inch bigger. It's getting frustrating. Part of the issue I'm experiencing is COAL differences. Maybe out of 15 loads 1 will measure .01" longer than the other(measuring using hornady comparator), and the rest will be .0005 away from eachother(user error probably).

IMO that is not enough difference in COAL to matter. They aren't VLD bullets. :)

Might really be a stock or scope issue. Maybe try going back to the green box stuff to verify all is still working good.

I've used accubonds in 4 different rifles and they shot good in all of them. I kind of use the Ballistic Tips and Accubonds to verify a rifle is shooting right. That's the luck I've had with them. I'm sure that doesn't mean they always work though.

Maybe time to try another bullet... I could never seem to get 215 Hybrids to shoot well in my 300 RUM, So I shoot the 210 VLD, but I load it kind of long. 208 Amax shoots good in my rifle.

I would jump right up to the 230 Bergers and give them a try. I find them locally pretty easy. I have never shot them, but they are very popular in the 300 RUM.

Speer makes a flat base 200 Gr. bullet that might menic the 200 Core-Lokt very well. Sierra 200 Gamekings might do well also.

Maybe time to try another bullet... I could never seem to get 215 Hybrids to shoot well in my 300 RUM, So I shoot the 210 VLD, but I load it kind of long. 208 Amax shoots good in my rifle.

I would jump right up to the 230 Bergers and give them a try. I find them locally pretty easy. I have never shot them, but they are very popular in the 300 RUM.

Speer makes a flat base 200 Gr. bullet that might menic the 200 Core-Lokt very well. Sierra 200 Gamekings might do well also.

i am going to give it my all with the last half a box lol. then if i still have nothing im going to try the 210 berger vld

I had about 75 rounds through my new long range gun after break in and couldn't my Accubonds to group. Ran a bore scope down it and found some serious copper fouling. Did a good cleaning and the groups tightened up considerably...

200 grain Nosler Accubond
Remington brass
Fed-215
87.5 grains RL-25
COAL 3.675"
Muzzle Vwlocity 15' from muzzle @ 5000' elevation 3030 fps.

Not the fastest load however, three shots at 100 yards clover leafed.

Scratch

I shoot Accubonds in every rifle I own, it is my go to hunting bullet, from 223, 270, 7mm,30-06, 300 Win Mag, 338 Win Mag, 8mm, 300 and 338 RUM and 375. Check your fowling it is a fast round. Mine is Retumbo .010" off the lands with a Wyatt extended box at 3160 fps shoots under a 1/2 MOA every time I check it in the sled.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.