300 PRC

I've reloaded for 300RUM, 300WIN and now, 300PRC + others in other calibers. It was the easiest cartridge I've ever worked up a load for. A lot of that is probably the rifle, the barrel, my growth as a reloader, etc… so I can't say for sure but it went a lot smoother than any other. I like the cartridge and I will keep on shooting it.

988E4178-FCFF-4AD3-AD9B-7EAF67C86FAD.jpeg

Not the greatest photo, but it's actually 21 1/4" to end of muzzle. 22 5/8 to end of brake.

My 300PRC build. Kelbly Atlas Tactical action with a 28" Krieger heavy Palma barrel. Woox Furiosa chassis, and a Leupold Mark5 HD 7-35 PR2-MOA scope. Fantastic rig and it's shooting .2 moa groups currently. Pushing 220 grain nosler bullet 3000 FPS, could definitely push it harder if I wanted.View attachment 305328
Who makes that stock ? Pretty wild looking

Who makes that stock ? Pretty wild looking
As mentioned by another member, it is a WOOX Furiosia chassis but has normal stock ergonomics. It's definitely heavy. The total gun weight is 16-17 pounds. I like a heavy rifle as I do mostly range shooting with this gun for now. The quality of the stock/chassis is awesome. The walnut wood feels so warm and soft compared to a steel/metal chassis.

As mentioned by another member, it is a WOOX Furiosia chassis but has normal stock ergonomics. It's definitely heavy. The total gun weight is 16-17 pounds. I like a heavy rifle as I do mostly range shooting with this gun for now. The quality of the stock/chassis is awesome. The walnut wood feels so warm and soft compared to a steel/metal chassis.
Heavy is what you'd want for a range gun for sure.

I was joking the last time I was at the mile range with a guy shooting a 300 PRC. My range gun is a 300WM 30" barrel with AICS mags. I load 77gr of RL-25 under 208gr Amax/ELDM. 3050fps with COAL of 3.6". I said I had a DIY 300 PRC. 😄

My answer to the question is I think the 300 PRC will fade as fad. The 6.5 PRC might last a little longer. I am using the WSM lineup as a basis. This is just my prediction. I could be wrong, because if I am never wrong I should be a millionaire with my fortune telling!

Last edited: