300 prc

Tak
Similar burn rate to H1000. Best ability of a powder, is availability and Ramshot is available.
Take this information for what it is and use at your own risk. I wouldn't have ever thought to give Ramshot powders a try, if it weren't for Ultimate Reloader. Now I'm all in on Ramshot powder, because they work! I love the LRT in my 28 Nosler & 300RUM. Haven't got to test the Magnum yet though?

Thanks for all feedback and information. I'm going to buy those 2 powders. After a little research it seems they're doing very well... I have 19 lbs of rl 26, 16 h1000 and 6 retumbo. The 26 feeds my wsm. The h1000 feeds my 6.5 prc and the retumbo feeds a couple others. I'd like to have a designated powder for the 300. I plan to spend a lot of time with it!

Who's got the best price on these powders? I'll buy 8 lbs of each on a chance they'll work for me!

Try CAC & Associates. Best price I've found. Shows $145 for 8lb Ramshot Magnum.

Ive used all the powders you have listed with decent success, R26/H1000/Retumbo, R26 gave best accuracy,

This was out of a 26" Hells Canyon Armoury CF wrapped Benchmark Barrel, 1-9.5 twist
Reloader 26, Fed 215M primers, Hornady Brass, bottom left target is Hornady Factory 225gr ELDM ammo.

With the 245gr Berger Elite Hunters I used R33/215M/ADG brass, the best group was 0.9" 2905/2907/2907fps using 85.5, 2912/2913/2915fps using 86.0grs, here's some info from Berger, please note they just use Quickload, this info was jotted down by another member talking to Berger

Last edited:

I picked up my prc build last week. I'm looking for real experience with some load data for the 212 eldx, 212 lrx, 225 eld.
Those are the 3 I'm going to start with.
I have
h1000
RL26
Retumbo

I have looked in the books and at the load manuals. Just curious on what results you've got.
thanks, pat

View attachment 205717
Congrats on the new rifle. I've already said that IF I was in the market this is the caliber that I would go with. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.