300 Prc with 124 Hammers

Montucky Roamer

So I'm wondering what powders to start with to work up a load with these little bullets? Anyone have any experience yet? Maybe with a 300 win mag or something similar? And what do I need to start using a crimp with hammers?
24" 9 twist proof.

I found 95 grains of H4350 gave me pressure in 300 RUM. And 66 gr in 300 SAUM.

Also you don't HAVE to crimp. But it may help.
What brand and type of dies do you currently have and are they capable of crimping?

I found 95 grains of H4350 gave me pressure in 300 RUM. And 66 gr in 300 SAUM.

Also you don't HAVE to crimp. But it may help.
What brand and type of dies do you currently have and are they capable of crimping?
Right, I've heard that crimping can help. So I may check it out. I have the Hornady match die set. Neck bushing full length type sizer.
With a mandrel set up for final neck tension with my 215 Bergers.

So I'm wondering what powders to start with to work up a load with these little bullets? Anyone have any experience yet? Maybe with a 300 win mag or something similar? And what do I need to start using a crimp with hammers?
24" 9 twist proof.
I'm running 100g of H4350 in the 300RUM@ 4218 and I have used the LEE FCD on everything I load

IMG_3128-X2.jpg

Last edited:
@ButterBean

Is this where you found accuracy? Trying to conserve powder? This seems pretty slow for a RUM and a 124 HH.

I had the 152 HH at 3504 in mine with H1000.

Thanks for the help! I'll see where and when I can get after this. Might need to find some different powder first. I have some h4350, imr 4166, that's about it in that range tho .