300 PRC vs 30 Nosler

Mc Fraser

It's that time of the year when I want to build a rifle from scratch. I want one of the new 30 cal cartridges like the 300 prc or 30 nosler.
My question to you the owners of such rifles, what performance do you get at 1000yds? What about 500 yds?

It's that time of the year when I want to build a rifle from scratch. I want one of the new 30 cal cartridges like the 300 prc or 30 nosler.
My question to you the owners of such rifles, what performance do you get at 1000yds? What about 500 yds?

Haven't shot past 500 yds but my 30 Nosler with 215 hybrids have grouped 5-6 at 500 yd. could do better but older eyes and shooters error comes into play. It's a half moa rifle running 3050 using Lab Radar

I have built 2 300 PRCs, both shooting amazingly well, my latest is a Kimber Montana donor with a 26" 1-9.5 twist #4 fluted Benchmark, two days ago with Factory Hornady 225gr ELD-M bullets I shot at 500, 650 and 820 yards, I shot a 2.5" group at 820 yards, this cartridge is amazing, funny thing I was hunting with my gunsmith that builds my rifles this last week and we took an afternoon off to do some shooting, he did the spotting on steel at those ranges and he was very impressed,

not to take anything away from the Nosler Cartridge, but I think the PRC is an awesome cartridge.

I have built 2 300 PRCs, both shooting amazingly well, my latest is a Kimber Montana donor with a 26" 1-9.5 twist #4 fluted Benchmark, two days ago with Factory Hornady 225gr ELD-M bullets I shot at 500, 650 and 820 yards, I shot a 2.5" group at 820 yards, this cartridge is amazing, funny thing I was hunting with my gunsmith that builds my rifles this last week and we took an afternoon off to do some shooting, he did the spotting on steel at those ranges and he was very impressed,

not to take anything away from the Nosler Cartridge, but I think the PRC is an awesome cartridge.

That's amazing. Let me know if you shot it with ELD-X bullets.

Heres a target from a customer, 2 seating depths at 600yds. Sub 10lb with optics sporter from a bipod. 30 Noslers shoot. The 300 prc will do the same. Reamers need to be speced right, rifles build well, and load development done thoroughly. Currently ADG is making 30 Nosler brass, but I think PRC will come soon as well.
30.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.