300 prc velocity

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25294

I'm curious what guys are getting for velocity with a 26" barrel shooting 212 or 225 ELD's.
A buddy of mine just got his CA Ridgeline, and plans on shooting factory ammo, I see the Hornady velocities are measured from a 24" barrel.
I'd like to know what guys are getting from hand loads and factory ammo.

I should have mine in a few weeks.
26" barrel

I'll be shooting the 225's and 212's with H1000 and RL26. No plans for factory ammo at this time.

I have a couple ladder tests loaded up with both bullets and powders to start with. I'll post how it goes.

I don't know how tough the brass will be but all my loaded rounds have less than .002 runout.

Out of 100 brass the weights were all within 3 grains also so it appears to be very nice brass.

If my accuracy is between 2900 and 3000 FPS with the 212's I'll be happy, especially if the primer pockets hold up like the 6.5 prc brass.

Mine was a PITA and would not shoot 215s, 212s, 225s, or 208s. I could give velocities but I don't feel it is useful information since none of them were accurate. I did settle on a load with very small vertical with Retumbo and 230 Hybrids at 2880 fps.

Mine was a PITA and would not shoot 215s, 212s, 225s, or 208s. I could give velocities but I don't feel it is useful information since none of them were accurate. I did settle on a load with very small vertical with Retumbo and 230 Hybrids at 2880 fps.
Ryan, you need a 30 SM!:eek::eek:

I just picked up a Christensen Arms ELR in 300 PRC, 26" barrel with 1:8 twist and bought some Hornady 225 gr. Match and 212 gr. Precision Hunter ammo to break it in and see how it shoots with those loads. Waiting on my scope and mounts to arrive now. I will share my chrono info in the next week or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.