300 PRC SHERMAN IMPROVED

So probably more like 20 - 25 fps per inch of barrel not 30 - 35fps...
Not sure since it's never been tested but I can run 3050' fairly easily with a 28". It be pushed it to 3100' but Hornady brass only lasts about 2 firings there.

Has anyone tried the american rifle company actions with 300prc or 30 sherman mag?
Been thinking of a 30 sherman. Wonder if ththe mags are long enough with the arcamedies? 3.78 should be right?

I just ordered a reamer and dies for the 30 Sherman magnum and I would like to know where to start with load development. I'm going to be using lapua brass and 225 eldm mostly. I will probably try some 212 eldx also. I have h1000 and retumbo i don't have any N570 or rl33 or anything like that. Where should I start and what should I expect for velocity? BTW my barrel is a 29" 1-9" Krieger palma.

I just ordered a reamer and dies for the 30 Sherman magnum and I would like to know where to start with load development. I'm going to be using lapua brass and 225 eldm mostly. I will probably try some 212 eldx also. I have h1000 and retumbo i don't have any N570 or rl33 or anything like that. Where should I start and what should I expect for velocity? BTW my barrel is a 29" 1-9" Krieger palma.
225 ELDM start:
H1000 77
Retumbo 78

At max pressure around 3150 or so

225 ELDM start:
H1000 77
Retumbo 78

At max pressure around 3150 or so
Thanks Rich
Are there some known accuracy loads out there that I can expect to find a node? Also what should I expect for fireforming? Should I just use the same starting point? I'm wanting to find an accurate fireform load to shoot and hunt with instead of just burning powder and cream of wheat.

Thanks Rich
Are there some known accuracy loads out there that I can expect to find a node? Also what should I expect for fireforming? Should I just use the same starting point? I'm wanting to find an accurate fireform load to shoot and hunt with instead of just burning powder and cream of wheat.
That should be fine for fire forming and hunting.
Maybe shoot 78 H1000 and see how it looks.

Ok, ordered reamer, brass and dies from Rich for the 30 Sherman Mag. Used a Terminus Kratos action and Bartlein 1-9 twist 31 inch blank. Told gunsmith to make longest barrel possible. Barrel is 29+ inches. Put in McMillian A5 with TT diamond trigger. Topped with Nightfore NX8 4-32. Load development was a breeze. Ended up with 230 grain Atip, 83.5 grains N570 at 3.800 OAL. At 100 shoots one ragged hole. My first two shots today at 625 yards were touching. Hit steel every shot at 875 and 1080 with no sighters. Love this gun/cartridge combo. At 1000 yards still doing 2059 fps with 2164 ft/lbs of energy with only 19.5 MOA drop- Less than one turret turn on my NX8. Thanks Rich for all your work on this caliber. Ordered some more brass tonight.