300 PRC or 300 RUM

Seems like the ultra mag case loves 30" barrels. I prefer a 30 Nosler, or variant of, to the prc. For 26" barrels, I'm starting to really like the 30 or 30/28 Nosler.
Exactly this. If you're going to run a 7/300rum it needs 30" barrel to really come on. The nosler case is a better design for 26" barrels IMO. I really like the WSM as well in a 25-26"

I am building a 300 PRC HC carbon barrel 9 twist AnTi defiance action. should push 215 hybrids over 3000fps

I am looking to build a 1:9 twist 300 PRC on an AnTi as well. How do you like your build if you have it back and shot it?

I went with a 7 twist carbon for my 300 RUM, I shoot monos so I am not worried about tearing up bullets . This is a 227 Hammer at 3,010 fps exit on elk at 986 yards, entrance was a bit forward as it was slightly quartered to me. There will be a thread about bullet failure and all I can say is big bullets need to spin fast to keep going straight and expand when they hit.
shothammer.jpg

Rum. When you burn out the barrel, you can use the action to build an Edge.
I have 3 of each but guys who live in Wyoming wind and shoot long go with the .338's, do the calculations. The only variable is the mountain wind

Either will do the trick if we as marksmen do our part. Doesn't really matter what your load recipe is, both of these calibers are HAMMERS. Proof is always in the pudding and I've seen enough with my own 2 eyes to vouch for either caliber. Aim small, miss small!

I've got a couple 7s and smaller but am wanting a 30. Gonna be a long range elk gun and want to be push 210s-220s at over 3000 in a factory rifle. I'd shoot the heavier bullets if I could push them to 3000fps. Which one would you choose? Let me know your thoughts. Leaning towards a Bergara or browning but want to keep weight to a minimum. What $1200 rifle would you choose?
Made a decision yet?

I chose a 300 prc over all these. No belt, I can shoot the new A-tips without mods to my rifle, doesn't have the pressure issues of the Norma mag, and should have way better barrel life than the RUM. I also have a 300 WM which I like but in Saami form it was really designed for 180 gr bullets and under, making the PRC the better choice for shooting heavy 30 cal bullets up to 250gr. Plus I just wanted one because of the win mag shortcomings that tended to aggravate me.

I chose a 300 prc over all these. No belt, I can shoot the new A-tips without mods to my rifle, doesn't have the pressure issues of the Norma mag, and should have way better barrel life than the RUM. I also have a 300 WM which I like but in Saami form it was really designed for 180 gr bullets and under, making the PRC the better choice for shooting heavy 30 cal bullets up to 250gr. Plus I just wanted one because of the win mag shortcomings that tended to aggravate me.
What gun you choose?

why did you choose the prc over the 30 nosler? I'm surprised by how many seem to leave it out and pick the prc