300 PRC Mag Issues

jraulsten

Hawkins bottom metal with an Accurate Mag. Cartridge nose dives with only one round in the mag. Load more than one and they chamber fine until you get down to the last one, which again, always nose dives. Is this a matter of needing to slightly stretch the spring, tweak the feed lips, or both? I have never tuned a mag so don't want to mess it up!

theoretically you should be running the 3.850 mag box correct?
what cut is in the actin bottom ??
if it feeds all rounds fine until the last , it could be due to recoil on lighter spring tension your nose of bullet is getting caught under feed ramp?
i would have too see it too diagnose but other factors would have too be labeled here please

theoretically you should be running the 3.850 mag box correct?
what cut is in the actin bottom ??
if it feeds all rounds fine until the last , it could be due to recoil on lighter spring tension your nose of bullet is getting caught under feed ramp?
i would have too see it too diagnose but other factors would have too be labeled here please
I am running the 3.850. The test I ran was without firing the rifle so I figured spring tension wasn't quite enough with only one round in the mag. Thinking I maybe should have gone with the 300 RUM 3.850 mag. I will load some more rounds so I can give a better description of what is happening.