300 PRC load data

softtail103

Help me out folks. I get .6 with factory Hornady 300 PRC 212 gr ELD-X. I now have plenty of fire formed brass. Need to buy the dies (suggestion?) , powder and primers. Any load data with the Berger 210 hunting VLD's would be appreciated. Hornady runs out at 2884 FPS average.

I haven't started load development but Berger gave me start and max load for 245's and N570. I did start with some LRT and about halfway opinion is actually pretty good. Didn't like h1000 in my gun. Pressure came way early with hornady 212's. Just haven't had time to finish and decide but Berger was really helpful.

I'm using hornady match dies with adg brass and amp annealer, fed primers. I'm not getting now where near the internet speeds, seems to match published data so far though. Very accurate with lrt , some 4 shot strings were inside an inch circle at 200yards but only 50% through the ladder and had to drop and get 2 other rifles ready for a match. Hoping to get back to it this fall.

Try Powder manufacturer websites to find some loads. I will say, the slower powders may be very hard to find, Retumbo, IMR 8133, VV N570, RL33 and H1000. May have to find some substitutes on the burn chart that matches what you want.

Try this thread. It's been going since last August.

I am thinking of using Ramshot Mag I have had some real temperature issues with 869 and H 1000 input please.
I will check out the Hide.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts