300 PRC Brass

JGRJR

Considering a 300 PRC build and was wondering if there was any news about brass other than Hornady?

Considering a 300 PRC build and was wondering if there was any news about brass other than Hornady?

Have emailed all the other companies and they all say not yet but are considering brass for the 300 prc. Ended buying Hornady brass for my build and hoping that maybe someone else will make the brass.
If any body else find brass please respond but I have not this far.

I doubt there will be any new 300 PRC on the market this year.... but I bet by SHOT in January we will see some news..... but I could be wrong.

Why not the 30 Nosler? It is a better cartridge and has better brass. You are obviously going to be reloading so I see zero advantage to the PRC. Yes I have owned both.

Why not the 30 Nosler? It is a better cartridge and has better brass. You are obviously going to be reloading so I see zero advantage to the PRC. Yes I have owned both.

Well
Went back and forth on what to build and my end decision came on the advice of several people that had a lot more experience than me on different cartridges. I looked at the 30 noslear along with others. What I did besides read a lot was call maybe 7-10 major barrel makers and started asking questions in the 30 caliber line and what I was looking for in a particular cartridge. I talked to a lot of people and researched the cartridge for several months. Doing a pro and con list. At the end of the day half of the companies I talked to thought real highly of the 300 prc cartridge design and why they liked it over the others. I had not really heard of it to be honest. One such person was mark at Bartlein Mark talked a lot about the prc case design and why he liked it over the other cartridges. Way he describe it he and frank thought highly of the design of the cartridges over other 30 cal. A lot of talked about shoulders and case design.
They along with the other people I talked to really did not have reason to sell me on a caliber over another. They got there money on a barrel.
Anyway I liked the feedback I got from several people and like the non belted case for personal reason. Time will tell if and how much I like the cartridge. At this point most calibers I've seen you are splitting hairs on one vs another.
Thanks. Hope this helps answer you questions.

It's your money. The 300 PRC will kill game but it IS the inferior of the two. Good luck.

I will say Hornady is vey good at marketing if nothing else.

I went through the same thing, to a lesser extent. I'm going with the 30 nosler, using ADG brass and it's chambered with a .2328 freebore (takeaway from the 300 PRC). I'm using the HS PRECISION DBM with RUM mags. @ 3.7 OAL. Hopefully this will yield the benefits of both cartridges? Rifle is being bedded now, so I'll know soon enough.

It's your money. The 300 PRC will kill game but it IS the inferior of the two. Good luck.

I will say Hornady is vey good at marketing if nothing else.

Time will tell. Both will shoot. And ur right my money and time just like yours. Nothing wrong with any of the cartridges but why hard on Hornady. The guys I talked to had absolutely no give one way or the other on any cartridge. They gave their opinion. All the people I talked to didn't care if it was a 300 win or a 300 ultra. They gave their opinion on why they liked the design of the cartridge.
If I don't like the 300 prc after I shoot it out I can use the bolt face of the .532 with many option if I choose. Don't get me wrong I like the 30 noslear I just like the aspect of the 300 prc better. Good shooting.

I went through the same thing, to a lesser extent. I'm going with the 30 nosler, using ADG brass and it's chambered with a .2328 freebore (takeaway from the 300 PRC). I'm using the HS PRECISION DBM with RUM mags. @ 3.7 OAL. Hopefully this will yield the benefits of both cartridges? Rifle is being bedded now, so I'll know soon enough.

Good deal
The waiting is the tough part. I'm still waiting. And waiting .....

Who did you go with the bedding of you gun.

Yep Still waiting on reamer. Everything else is either bought or in stand by. The reamer is Thru JGS and they are behind schedule. 5 plus months and counting. :(. I went with 200 ths free bore.

Good deal
The waiting is the tough part. I'm still waiting. And waiting .....

Who did you go with the bedding of you gun.

Yep Still waiting on reamer. Everything else is either bought or in stand by. The reamer is Thru JGS and they are behind schedule. 5 plus months and counting. :(. I went with 200 ths free bore.
Barreled action was built and coated by Long rifles Inc, bedding is a local guy nearby me.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.