300 PRC 215 VS 230 BERGER'S

I have 47 years experience shooting Whitetail, Mulies....can Anyone tell me the thought process of using, or thinking one would need Rhino weight bullets for 500 yard...300 lb animals! Witnessing and from my own experience killing hundreds of deer (10 year guide and outfitter) heavies don't do it. They punch thru so fast the animals don't know they are dead for 80 yards! And 80 yards is 75 too far in brush or tall grass!.....just me....145-165 gr. Works dramatically better.....been there, done it, have the postcards!
I definitely agree that you don't need a 215 grain Bullet to kill deer at 500 yards, but you totally lost me where you claim the heavier bullets "punch through so fast the animals don't know they're dead for 80 yards"
How in the world does this make sense??
I've seen the complete opposite with heavies, it straight knocks critters down

I definitely agree that you don't need a 215 grain Bullet to kill deer at 500 yards, but you totally lost me where you claim the heavier bullets "punch through so fast the animals don't know they're dead for 80 yards"
How in the world does this make sense??
I've seen the complete opposite with heavies, it straight knocks critters down
If you look at the pictures that an individual sent in these conversations...and you want to eliminate the front half of the POTENTIAL 75 LBS. of meat you will get off of a Deer and dynamite the front shoulders with a 2.5" exit wound...they absolutely drop right there. IF you are looking to go for a heart lung shot....the shock value of a pass thru just isn't there...it's like hitting an animal with a whip on the butt...instant pain... instant flight....just me and not looking for a debate from anyone....what i have witnessed time and time and time again!. Once again just me....i dropped from 208&212 ON DEER ..back to 150 gr in my 300s. I encourage anyone to go as heavy as they deem fit....heck when I was younger I shot Deer with my 460 Weatherby with 500 gr bullets....only thing they ever did was go 10 yards ....sideways...6500 ft/lbs of energy at 100 yards...but some may still say what i did then..
No such thing as overkill! That is if you like spooning JELLO out of the body cavity! Or wasting the front half of the animal. Just personal choice! Me...I too prefer Rump Roast over rolled shoulder any day!

I remember a guy that shot a muley with a 220 grain round nose out of a 30-06-it sure made a mess out of that animal.
OP I recommend you do your own load development in a lighter caliber-more guns more fun!

Look's like I have only 2lbs of 8133 so looks like I'll try the 7977 first.
Yeah 2lbs would only give you around 180-190 rounds. Plus I'd bet you will have to do a compressed load with 8133 to get to decent velocities. I'm shooting 60.9gr in my 6.5 PRC with the 127gr LRX and its very compressed.