300 or 338 Winchester Magnum?

G0vernor

I am about to get one of the above (link here) . I would appreciate some advice as to which will be more suitable for long distance target shooting?
Thanks.
BTW I am aware that there are better options but my question is strictly about the above calibres.

[ 08-13-2004: Message edited by: T3Shooter ]

For long distance target shooting the 300 Win Mag get the nod hands down over the 338 Win Mag. There are WAY more match quality bullets available for the 30cal. Also the 300 Win Mag is a proven winner in many competitions. It will also make a good longrange hunting rifle if you decide on using it for hunting.
JMHO,
Wayne

I don't belive so. The standard .300 Win Mag is pretty good as it is. If there were and improved version you would probably only gain 50 fps anyway. It is a very good round as it is.

Suggest the Rem 700 5r Tactical 26" barrel in 300 Win Mag.

Love the 338 Win for hunting moose but for targets the 300 Win Mag has a excellent bullet selection.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts