.300 Norma magnum for hunting??

IMG_6348.jpg
IMG_6346.jpg
this pic has been posted on multiple pages on Facebook, no info on twist needed or BC's were provided

Last edited:
27 pages... to much to go through. 300 Norma and 300 Win Mag are in the same conversation but now that Lapua is offering 300 Norma brass, that does tip the scales toward the Norma.
I have a 308 Norma and a 300 win. mag. The 300 Norma is much faster than either, at least by the information that I have found on velocities. The 300 RUM is even faster than both of my magnums. But don't get me wrong; either are quite good long range magnums. I was excited about the new Sierra bullets but will not re-barrel to a faster twist just to shoot them. I will stay with the Amax, they shoot good for me out past 1300 yards. Good luck hunting and shooting in 2018.

Berger sez , coming this fall , so who knows, it may be a couple years before we actually see any new bullets,

Sierra's 150 gr 6.5mm Match King sent them in a panic scrambling back to the drawing board and Sierra's 230 gr 30 cal probably has Berger wincing and redesigning as well, I'm sure there is a heavy 338 cal Match King bullet coming soon,

I'm all set with 7 tw 6.5mm barrel, 8 tw 30 cal and getting an 8 tw in 338 cal, all Rock Creek barrels

I'm a little worried about the nammo group ownership combined with the new ammo line inhibiting new products and bullet availability.

Sounds like the move to AZ haulted production and thats why we aren't seeing any of the new bullets and a backlog many current ones. Sounds like the 300 Norma brass is in states at their distributing center.

Sounds like the move to AZ haulted production and thats why we aren't seeing any of the new bullets and a backlog many current ones. Sounds like the 300 Norma brass is in states at their distributing center.
Do you have a part number for the lapua brass? Supposedly peterson and adg will be producing this year as well. Good times ahead for the norma, I think it'll be a more practical option to the ultra mag, minus the bolt face difference.

So I'm starting to run into a problem on my 3rd loading and need a little help from my fellow 300 NM guys. I'm getting clickers and tight bolt closes on my loads. I run a whidden fl die and unfortunately my brass isnt getting sized by the base enough I was wondering if some of you guys could measure your bases of your sized brass and what that measurement Is, and what die you are running? I threw a few pics in to demonstrate the first is sized vs second fired.20180205_182016.jpg 20180205_182052.jpg

So I'm starting to run into a problem on my 3rd loading and need a little help from my fellow 300 NM guys. I'm getting clickers and tight bolt closes on my loads. I run a whidden fl die and unfortunately my brass isnt getting sized by the base enough I was wondering if some of you guys could measure your bases of your sized brass and what that measurement Is, and what die you are running? I threw a few pics in to demonstrate the first is sized vs second fired.View attachment 90361 View attachment 90362

That isn't uncommon as the brass gets older

I have the same problem on 2nd or 3rd firing. Doesn't matter if I use my forster or whidden sizing die...

i had that problem also, then sent 3 fired cases with my sizer die to forster and problem went away. i can take a sized measurement when i get a chance for you.

i agree with the bolt click being body not getting sized enough as what i was told.

first lot 3-4x fired .586
2nd lot 1-x fired .5865 just barely moved calipers open more but did and read between lines.

sorry no fired cases at this time! gun at smiths getting new break on and bolt sent to Gre-tan to bush and turn pin. so cant do.
ABM factory listed 230gr at 2937fps and at 91gr i have more to go but not without a new Little Bastard put on

PS. make sure you check fired case for donot, i ream inside of neck after every firing. i had bullet band setting on donot and got pressure.
88rl 33 is mild with 230? as i am at 91gr rl33 2915fps.

Last edited: