300 Norma mag. What do you know?

Running the numbers for a 230 Berger at about 3000fps looks pretty good. Pretty much on par with the 338 lapua without as much energy.

Id like to start gathering the parts and components to build one but Id like some real world experience as info is scarce, especially load info.
Anyone running this combo? I'd like to know about the results and components.
Brass, powder type and charge, sd and es, barrel length and twist rate.
Thanks

We have a reamer on order with PTG. Got a spare rock creek 30 cal barrel that will be doing some testing with. Only thing that is the downer right now is you pretty much have to have a custom bolt as the bolt face is .585" instead of the more popular .540".

Mike

Scott, I'm not sure how I missed that thread but thanks.

Hells canyon, I did come across some threads that you were posting in. The bigger bolt face isn't a big negative for me. I hope that your builds go week and you keep us updated with the results.

Anyone else?

Scott, I'm not sure how I missed that thread but thanks.

I hear ya. I had done an internal search on the hide about 10 times and also done their google page search and didn't find it in over a couple weeks of searching. Then all of a sudden it popped up on a standard search.

Scot E.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.