300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

I'll be honest though I don't think I've ever had to true upwards, usually only downwards especially when trimming meplats on Hornady bullets. I should try to repoint some and see what they do. (trim then point right?) I don't trim or point Bergers or Sierras usually.

Your .3 mils off could also be in your scope adjustment. I'd likely trust Litz's bullet BC.
Bruce
Yeah that's always a possibility. I did get exactly .391 G7 when shooting the 225 ELDM's though with my drop impacts.
Bc's can change slightly from one barrel to the next. Impact is what matters, gotta match your adjustment up with what your seeing on steel.
For sure man. I'll definitely make the ballistics match the impacts. I had the 7mm 195's at .410 G7 when I shot them a while ago with different rifle/different scope.

You shot 2 groups .2mil apart with a he 225 and chalked it up as shoulder pressure… that or you might be contributing
Definitely. It could also me. I'll shoot multiple times to verify of course. But felt pretty good and consistent about these shots. But again, it's only 7 shots. Three .1 Mil high at 600. Then I sailed one high at a thousand, measured it with my reticle, came down .3 MILS and had 3 within 3" of vertical. So that's all the data I have for now. Good reason to get back to the range ASAP lol. I'm right at 300 shots on the barrel now.

Actually I did shoot another at 1000 that missed just left of the target from the gusting wind, but held the same exact water line as the other 3. I video everything so I can reference the impacts. So some decently consistent 1000 yard data for elevation.

Each .1 mil is .36". So that would put me an inch low at 100 yards.
Your over complicating it
Mils are metric
0.1mil is 1cm at 100m
Your zero is definitely at least a click or 2 high
I'm sure if you shot at a + compared to a dot you would see see

If your atmospherics are good then it could be the temp sensitivity ratio. Might need a few samples of different temps to input as well

And you're a bad influence… this just together, 300 NMI 30* shoulder… was at the range fro 8 hours yesterday breaking in the barrel and fire forming… on a 103* day

Atlas Tac 338
Benchmark CF 1:9 26"
AG Alpine
Box n Andy
Hawkins Hunter
TI Pro

3701E6B5-ED3C-45BE-96BB-522E2C38F477.jpeg

Your over complicating it
Mils are metric
0.1mil is 1cm at 100m
Your zero is definitely at least a click or 2 high
I'm sure if you shot at a + compared to a dot you would see see
Mark, I live in the US. I don't even know what a centimeter is lol. Kidding of course. But I convert everything to inches because that's what we do here haha. But at 100 yards (not meters) I am less than .25" high of center. So coming down just one click (.36") would drop me below center. That's a 1" square.
B36C5E5E-2DC0-42FF-8B60-7C02C0E0D2C1.jpeg

And you're a bad influence… this just together, 300 NMI 30* shoulder… was at the range fro 8 hours yesterday breaking in the barrel and fire forming… on a 103* day

Atlas Tac 338
Benchmark CF 1:9 26"
AG Alpine
Box n Andy
Hawkins Hunter
TI Pro

View attachment 381968
Slick setup dude!!! How did fire forming go and what bullets are you planning to shoot?