300 Norma Improved. Load testing, info, and builds

Do you think that small vertical is an anomaly, or do you see this regularly? I would expect an almost 200 fps increase to have double to triple that vertical at 580 yards.
Whatever it is I'd take that all day long!

Ever since I started using the bullet central dies for my 300 norma improved that has been the norm. Countless customers have experienced the same thing. The bullet central dies size it the perfect amount to where they all land in the same spot. Never had that with any other die that I had made for the norma improved. Also the bullet central die eliminates the bolt click you would get after a handful of firings on the brass. Only time youll get a click now is on a warm load regardless of number of firings on the brass.

Ever since I started using the bullet central dies for my 300 norma improved that has been the norm. Countless customers have experienced the same thing. The bullet central dies size it the perfect amount to where they all land in the same spot. Never had that with any other die that I had made for the norma improved. Also the bullet central die eliminates the bolt click you would get after a handful of firings on the brass. Only time youll get a click now is on a warm load regardless of number of firings on the brass.
Are the bullet central dies just a body die or do they size the necks as well?

Bullet Central used my specs on your dies. It doent matter who makes the dies, its the specs that matter. We dont have any click issues with the Hornady dies if you give them the right numbers. But B.C. does make an awesome die.

Bullet Central used my specs on your dies. It doent matter who makes the dies, its the specs that matter. We dont have any click issues with the Hornady dies if you give them the right numbers. But B.C. does make an awesome die.
Your improved version is different than mine in a few measurements. I had done some testing with different dimensions at the base of the die before I had BC make them for me. I had a die that Id made that wouldn't give bolt clicks either. When I first started talking to Chris I said the base needed sized more than what was currently being done with dies that had been made by other companies. Dimensions at the base of BC dies are pretty close to what I had done for a die I made. I told Chris I'd order 100 on the first batch if youll make the dies size the brass optimally. He said he could so I ordered 100 and have ordered a bunch more since. They work great. No click until hot loads even after several firings. I have an identical sizing reamer that I had made in case something happened to the original. Dropped, chipped etc. Didnt wanna be SOL for months waiting on a new one if that happened. Runout and quality on the bullet central dies is significantly better than the other dies out there. I remember one company that made a tighter base die for me had .014 runout on the bullet. Youve had terrible luck with that company as well. I believe everyone has that has gone the custom route with them. I returned a batch of 35 dies to them since the dies wouldn't size the brass diameter more than .001 at any spot on the brass.

Your improved version is different than mine in a few measurements. I had done some testing with different dimensions at the base of the die before I had BC make them for me. I had a die that Id made that wouldn't give bolt clicks either. When I first started talking to Chris I said the base needed sized more than what was currently being done with dies that had been made by other companies. Dimensions at the base of BC dies are pretty close to what I had done for a die I made. I told Chris I'd order 100 on the first batch if youll make the dies size the brass optimally. He said he could so I ordered 100 and have ordered a bunch more since. They work great. No click until hot loads even after several firings. I have an identical sizing reamer that I had made in case something happened to the original. Dropped, chipped etc. Didnt wanna be SOL for months waiting on a new one if that happened. Runout and quality on the bullet central dies is significantly better than the other dies out there. I remember one company that made a tighter base die for me had .014 runout on the bullet. Youve had terrible luck with that company as well. I believe everyone has that has gone the custom route with them. I returned a batch of 35 dies to them since the dies wouldn't size the brass diameter more than .001 at any spot on the brass.
I wonder if I have one those first dies Ryan. I have a 33° BC die from the first run, and I still have clickers. I wasn't going to say anything because it's not what's being conversed here. I may have to contact them and find out. Idk if you're still using the chamber body dimensions from Bjays 33° version or if things changed recently, but Wheelers chamber is a thou larger at 200 line and almost 3 thou larger at the shoulder.

Ya I know about that company and learned my lesson too. The BC dies are the top of the heap, no doubt. I gave my specs to Chris, he asked for them. The cases are a little different but how much smaller the die is than the chamber is all that matters.