300 magnum suppressor?

cohunt

anyone have a 300wm or 300wsm can rated for a 16" barrel? most I see are 18"+ unless I'm missing something

here is an example of most that I have found:

Minimum barrel lengths:

6".300 Blackout (subsonic)
8".300 Blackout (full power)
10"6.8 SPC, 7.62x39
11.5"223 Rem, 5.56, 6.5 Grendel
14.5".308 Win
16".260 REM, 6.5 Creedmoor
18"7mm RM, 7mm WSM, .300 WIN MAG, .300 WSM
20"7mm RUM, .300 RUM, 6.5 SAUM
22".300 Norma Magnum, 28 Nosler, 7 STW
23"26 Nosler

I have a YHM Phantom that is full auto rated, not sure about barrel restrictions, but it may be worth looking at. I have the stainless and inconel model, but it also now comes in a titanium version, which is several ounces lighter than the one I have.

I talked to Zac w/TBAC a few years ago about using my 223 can on my 18in 22-250. It's been a couple years since that conversation so don't quote me on this but if I recall they have a certain psi muzzle pressure they like to stay under, I don't remember what the psi they like to stay under was though.

What is the goal of the suppressor, to reduce noise or a combo of noise suppression and recoil reduction? I have been around enough 7mm magnums and 300 WM's to know most 8-9" 30 cal cans may make things quieter, but do little in mitigating many aspects of recoil, with muzzle hop the most prolific.
The can of choice is the tbac 338, night and day to 30 cal can.

What is the goal of the suppressor, to reduce noise or a combo of noise suppression and recoil reduction? I have been around enough 7mm magnums and 300 WM's to know most 8-9" 30 cal cans may make things quieter, but do little in mitigating many aspects of recoil, with muzzle hop the most prolific.
The can of choice is the tbac 338, night and day to 30 cal can.
Cause I can...get it "can"

already have several, why not another?

Last edited:
My Rugged Surge is rated for 300 RUM with no barrel length restriction. It states that explicitly on the website.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.