• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 300 Lapua for trade

dragman

I just bought this rifle off a friend and fellow member about a month ago. It shoots really well but all in all I am sticking with my 2 RUM's that I have set up similar. Gun was originally built quite a few years ago and my friend got it a couple years ago and only put a few rounds on it. I have put 100 rounds down the pipe give or take 10 shots. She shoots better than 1/2 MOA but where she really shines in out long in the last week it's killed 6 ground hogs between 1100 and 1575 yards.

-Sleeved Remington action completely blueprinted and trued PTG bolt jeweled with sako style extractor
-Jewel trigger with top safety
-Shehane tracker stock that has been pillared and bedded
-35" barrel 10 twist .339 neck in 300 lapua (I cannot verify round count from what I was told and what I shot it would be under 500, but I can't swear too that) Green/Tan did the barrel
-20MOA base
-Votex Razor HD 5-20 MOA (I got this about a month ago just for this gun as I wanted to compare it too my ATACR NF's) has box and all papers mounted with the Vortex 35MM $100 rings
-Redding 3 die set with micrometer seater
-135 pieces of Lapua brass all prepped and shot in this gun
-bullets can be added if the new owner needs them

I will share all loads with the new owner so this will be a turn key rig. I don't really want to sale it outright as I would much rather trade for another long range rig or an old colts

Attachments

• Lapua.jpg
    Lapua.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Lapua1.jpg
    Lapua1.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Lapua2.jpg
    Lapua2.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Lapua3.jpg
    Lapua3.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Lapua4.jpg
    Lapua4.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 7
  • Lapua5.jpg
    Lapua5.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 6
bump for an excellent lr shooting rifle....gun) Greg Tannel did all the work. Hope you don't mind dragman.

don't mind at all. I have messed with so many guns I wasn't sure about this one and who did all so I didn't want to say that and be wrong.

Lets set the approx. trade value price for the complete rig at $4000

What is the parent case for this rnd, is it the 338 necked dwn to 30 cal.Thanks Bobby

Yes it's the .338 lapua case. So brass is really good!

Also decided will sale outright for $3750 or best offer for complete package

I set 2 club records at the time in one day at 1028 yards with this rifle when new, since then they have been broken. The first day I shot the rifle my first 3shot group at 1060 yards was 1.5". My buddy had this rifle and another .300 Lapua built at the same time. The one he keep was more varmint style. He shot a 2.316" break-in group at 1060 yards with this rifle, the picture was posted on Greg Tannel's site and Lilja. I still have the printed out picture. Using a 216 Clinch River bullet he shot a 3 shot group that measured under 8" at just over 1 mile. I took possession of the rifle with 177 rounds down it. I fired 177 rounds down it, then it became a safe queen. I have other long-range rifles, but this thing is a 1000+ rifle and where I live now it is hard to get past 1000 yards.

The member I bought it from fired less than 100 rounds just never got too shoot it out long,
I have around that 100 +- 20 rounds down it I didn't spend much time at 100 but she sure shoots out LONG!

Im guessing the 300 lapua is a 30 caliber bullet out of a 338 lapua case, is this right.

Yes, that's correct.
Brass was necked down and turned. Shooting 208 amaxs @ 3215 without even pushing the limits of pressure.
Will sale of trade or part out rifle

Gun is still for sale, I had a sale fall through but now I am back from vacation I am putting it back up.

Price is OBO