• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 300 jazz

trueblue

300 jazz SPF

IMG_1313.jpg

I am selling the last of my big caliber magnums after having shoulder surgury in January.
I have been reluctant to sell this one, as it is my caliber. The 300 JAZZ is a 30-338 Norma Mag AI.
Following are the specs:
-Defiance action 338 Norma boltface, spiral fluted bolt
-Brux barrel staggered fluted 28"
-Jewell trigger at 1 1/2#
-Manners GAT stock
-SSG 5 port brake
-Seekins 20 MOA rail with keyed recoil lug
- HS Precision DBM
- 3 die custom set made by SSG
-100 pcs of 338 Norma brass necked down to 30cal
The rifle was built by Nathan Dagley of SSG. The coating on the stock was done by Travis Redell of R BROS rifles
The rifle weighs 12.8# with the Nightforce 5.5x22-50mm scope on it.
There are 173 documented rounds fired , and trajectory validation to 1000 yards.
Extreme spreads in the single digits with Retumbo. This rifle has shot 1/3 - 1/2 MOA 3 shot groups at 750 yards on several occasions.
Shoots the 210gr Bergers at 3200fps with the accuracy load at 3150fps.
The 240gr SMK's at 2900fps.
Brass quality is exceptional, as I have 15 reloads on the first 10 pieces of brass I started with. Have only lost 2 pieces of brass so far to loose primer pockets.
The rifle, brass, and dies $3200.00
The bipod, ammo pouch, scope and rings are not included.
If you are interested in the whole pachage, I will sell it for $5000.00 with the Nightforce 5.5x22-50mm NP-R1scopes, TPS rings, and custom made ammo pouch included.

SPF to harl man

Last edited:
Trueblue,

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope that all is well.

She sure is a beauty (expect no less from SSG) and I wish I have the fund$.

Good luck!

Ed

Harl_man

I am not Jim(trueblue), but I also have a jazz. You neck down the 338 norma brass with the die and fireform it. Real simple even I can do it!

The 284 jazz I have we necked down with the 300 jazz die and then with the 284 die. I fireformed with 90grs of powder.

I have seen the 300 jazz in action they hit like a sledgehammer! If I didn't already have one this one would be all mine!

Brent

Last edited:
Phorwath, correction made.
As far as forming brass, just neck down 338 Norma Mag brass to 30cal and shoot it. The 300 JAZZ does have an improved shoulder angle of 30degrees.
The virgin brass shot as accurately as the once fired brass.
I would not hesitate at all in going hunting if I only had virgin necked down brass. The extreme spreads were in the single digits.

By the way, all the brass has been neck turned just for clean up only. It is not a neck turn chamber, and is not required. I only do it as it helps my neck tension cosistancy and lowers my extreme spreads. Also, the primer pockets are uniformed and the flashholes deburred. Basically, all brass prep is done.

Last edited: