300 Jarrett or Some 7mm wildcat

Funny... I never had a problem with 7mm addiction :rolleyes::)

Well, we can't always make the right choice 100% of the time... :D

I tell you what really is fun is the oddball stuff...Like shooting 210 VLD's out of my .308 Win. The Ackley Improved calibers. 1/4-bores are tons of fun, too.

Enjoyed reading this thread. It is tough deciding on which caliber to use.

I like 7mms and owned a great deal more than the 30s. Been shooting two 7mm/375 Rugers with 180s lately and believe it is one of the best 7mms I have ever owned. I have owned three 7 Rums, two 7 stws, and a slew of 7 rem mags not to mention the usual smaller ones like the 280 rem, 284 win, 7-08, 7 x 57 mauser. 7mms will recoil less than a comparable 30 cal.

After reading Skyking's thread on the 7 WSM with 180 Bergers I am very impressed.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/7wsm-180-berger-takes-down-two-grizzlies-78901/

However I still take my 300 Rum on my elk hunts. It has killed quite a few elk with authority. I believe I will always have a 300 Rum in my collection.

You need to get one of each! <grin>

I think you should look into the 300 Norma Mag..... .....
if you want a wildcat ....consider the numerous "Improved" wildcats based off the 300 Norma Mag..... you get 300 RUM performance with phenomenal accuracy and excellent brass....

Back to the 7 mms. :) Why not the new 7 LRM invented by Gunwerks. It's told to be a very potent round, very close to the 7 STW, but with normal case - length and even better, it's beltless. gun)

Saw the 7mm LRM can't find any ballistics. I already have a 300 WSM in a Browning A bolt. I can keep that for heavy bullets and go 7mm for long range. I never even thought of that route.

Saw the 7mm LRM can't find any ballistics. I already have a 300 WSM in a Browning A bolt. I can keep that for heavy bullets and go 7mm for long range. I never even thought of that route.

Hi Mikey! Go to Gunwerk's website and take a look there because they are producing the 7 RLM exclusively also as fab - ammo. If you can't get any info so give them a call. They will surely help you! Another idea is going to Hornady's website because they are producing reloading tools for the 7 RLM. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the tip. I have a gunsmith that's going to build it. But I'm very interested in the G7 scope

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.