300 H&H Magnum

Availability of brass. I use 308, 30-06 and 300RUM brass to make 358 Winchester, 7mm08, 35 Whelen, 338 EDGE, 358/300RUM, 375 RUM and 416/300 RUM. Less expensive and available. I bought a good supply of 300RUM a few years ago and don't use it for plinking so it will last me for the duration.

$53/25
Muddy, thanks for all the help. I actually dropped a check in the mail on some Norma 300 Magnum brass from one of our members. I'm actually sitting at my reloading bench as I write this setting up my new dies 🙌💪. The 300 will roar in the Kootenia mountains again come this season. I can't wait!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
I have 2 rifles I bought years ago from Dr. J. Kennerly, of Asheville, NC, past US 1K Rifle Champ. Both guns are Highly modified Mauser actions with heavy 26in. Douglas barrels, chambered in 30-06 Ackley w/40 deg shoulders, and .015" per in. body taper. I believe the neck/body junction is in the stock spot and the shoulder to body junction moved forward. Barrels appear to be 1/9 twist. Both guns are tack drivers with 180 AB's. Dr Kennerly was NRA Champ in the 70's and 80's. One of his two sons has his last rifle, plus his record 1K target with a ten shot spread of 4.63in!

Read a great story by Craig Boddington about one of his friends that had a 300 H&H...the rifle was crazy accurate. I have a scar on my forehead from getting scoped by a 300 H & H...
I had purchased Rem 721 in a 300 H&H Mag about 60 years ago. A friend wanted to shoot it. I had a 4 powder on it. Anyway I set him up to shoot the rifle. I wasn't watching him at the time. I was watching down range. L looked back just has he touch it off. I holler to stop him. He had his eye up against the scope. He ringed himself, and I felt bad, and I didn't realize he hadn't shot a rifle with a scope on a rifle before. I never allowed that to happen again.

I had purchased Rem 721 in a 300 H&H Mag about 60 years ago. A friend wanted to shoot it. I had a 4 powder on it. Anyway I set him up to shoot the rifle. I wasn't watching him at the time. I was watching down range. L looked back just has he touch it off. I holler to stop him. He had his eye up against the scope. He ringed himself, and I felt bad, and I didn't realize he hadn't shot a rifle with a scope on a rifle before. I never allowed that to happen again.
Man! So in some ways I hope none of my sniper buds remember or see this, and yet in most I simply don't care!🤣 Having the right to remain silent, just not the ability at the moment, compiled with the fact I cannot to this day STAND the officer who was behind the rifle…well now….You see where this is going.
At the US Army sniper school about some 23 years ago, there was a complete 'WASTE' of oxygen who was touring the school and climbed behind the then XM82 Barret 50. I immediately noticed this guy had no clue and tried to assist. That's what instructors do! He didn't want any help! He didn't need it! He was a ring knocker from West Point🤣 Well rock on LTC I told him! That Swarovski Skull-drove that clown! I got free drinks at Coaches Corner downtown CSG for that one!! Oh well! Proof positive you CANNOT fix stupid, which is almost without exception firmly attached to…wait for it…..attitude 🤣🤣🤣

You could go this route. On gunbroker.com there is a guy selling Nosler Trophy Grade 180 grain Accubond factor ammo. You could pull the bullets and dump the powder and use the brass. Or, you could just shoot the ammo and keep the brass. You might like how the factory ammo performs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-095655_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-095655_Chrome.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 37

Recent Posts