300 Grain Nosler Accubond

Perhaps this is old news. But I thought that I would pass it along anyways.

Nosler has a new 300 grain .338 Accubond. BC is an advertised .720. Very Impressive. I think that this would make a great long range elk round.

Accubond - Nosler - Bullets, Ammunition, Rifles, Brass, Reloading Data, Hunting, Shooting, Reloading, Load Data

You are right! It should be a good elk round. If they are like all other AB's, I would aim for mass (shoulder) to make sure you get expansion at lower velocities. That is one of the good things about a .338 though, you don't need as much expansion as with a smaller caliber:D.......Rich

Ive been looking all over for any info on them , and cant find anything on them. Anyone find any anywhere ? I got a friend that has a 338 RUM and wants to give them a try.

Not too many .375 Chey Tac shooters on the Nosler site.

They most likely use the smaller cartridges in .375 and use them on deer at close range, so no real need for a big, high BC bullet in this calibre.
Ask the same question here and you get a different result.

There is only a small long range market in .375 calibre. Nosler has played the numbers game and cater to the group who will buy the most bullets.

I would not be surprised if this new 300gn Nosler Accubond has a lower BC than expected and is designed more for the close range big game crowd.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.