300 Gr. Berger Hybrid @ 1,930 yards

I like 1,000 yds. Thats midway between my barrel and where I like to shoot.
But I shoot at known and unknown distance from barrel to 2,000 yards, once I know the load is consistantly accurate. I don't worry to much about punching paper. I shoot at 1/2 to 2 moa targets of rock or steele. I spend most of my time doping the wind and pulling the trigger not worrying about what some computer program is telling me my bullet should be doing. I only crunch the #'s at the beginning of load developement, and to get my drops and windage. Once the load is established, I shoot it, ALOT. In all weather conditions, hot or cold, windy or calm, dry or wet.
I also shoot alot of rock chucks in the summer. In fact I'm leaving Friday to spend 10 - 12 days in eastern Oregon doing just that. I will have a few pics and will report on how the 300 gr. Berger Hybrid does on Vermin and Yote's at long range when I get home.

If you ever need a spotting partner down there call me or email me. I am in spokane and eastern OR is an easy drive. I have a 338 edge and have a 375 chey tac on the way. I shoot a lot here in Idaho and Wa, but mainly at steel and rocks. I'd love to shoot live verman.

zman

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.